• AI Squad building issue.

tezcatlipoca665
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: Unemployed (9 Seasons).fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

I made another topic about there being a squad building issue, but I sometimes just open FM24 to have a look around and see if I notice anything odd to report in my simmed save. This might be helpful if you're still investigating the issue. I've simmed up to 2032, passing the season's summer transfer window, and Ajax are in a bad state. They have 14 players in their first team, and 3 of those players are loans. They've made no transfers, and have sold 3 players in this season.

For perspective, in the last 4 seasons, they've Signed 2 players; Released 22 players (including 3 retirements); and Sold 16 players. They're consistently a top three team though, and even won the Eredivisie in the 29/30 season despite the downward spiral, somehow.

image.thumb.png.2b60d8d88096d3bd8baca08c3d81d4c2.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Thank you for raising and providing a save, we will investigate further. 

Looking at the save, Ajax are playing a lot of players from their B Team who are good enough to be squad options but just aren't getting promoted to the first team, which makes this screen look a bit odd.

40 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for raising and providing a save, we will investigate further. 

Looking at the save, Ajax are playing a lot of players from their B Team who are good enough to be squad options but just aren't getting promoted to the first team, which makes this screen look a bit odd.

Looking at their CA/PA and the squad statuses of the B team, a lot of them have high enough PAs that a good manager at Ajax irl would want them to get involved with the first team (12 of them have 139 PA and above), and in-game, 17 players in the B team are labelled 'Breakthrough Prospects'. I'm guessing the first team being trimmed down like this isn't alarming to the AI because these players are coming through the ranks of their youth system as cover, but it's a bit clumsy because of the general problems with AI squad rotation right now. If that's the case, this is actually very, very good - when the rotation issues are sorted and squad building is shaped a little better, this potentially means a team like Ajax could be relying on their youth system to replace outgoing players, which is what they would be doing.

I mean, maybe. I'm looking forward to seeing this unfold in the final version if this is how things can work.