• Ai does big transfers but rarely plays the players it buys

Zapoleon
    • Public Status: Known Issue Save Game: 2031 Files Uploaded: Save Game

I understand there is some element of failed tranfers in the game to reflect IRL but I notice a strong trend of the ai spending big to buy a player but they are unable to fit them in the squad and so they rarely get played. 

Few of many examples found. 

Arsenal buy Eduardo Quaresma in the 30/31 season for 31 million they play him 2 times that entire season.

Arsenal buy Tanguy Nianzou on the 29/30 season he plays 7 times that entire season.

Arsenal buy Vinicius Tobias in the 29/30 season for 36 million he plays 5 times that entire season

Arsenal buy Sven Botman for 61 million he plays a total of 12 times he entire season

Real buy Manu Koné for 54 million in 28/29 he plays 5 games that entire season

Pedro Ferreirinha goes to Chelsea 30 31 season for 31.5 million he plays 6 games the entire season

30/31 season  Josh Doig Bought by city for 48 million plays 3 games for city before he is sold in the winter window.

Fikayo Tomori bought by united for 20 million makes 5 apps in total after one season is sold.

Marc Guéhi bought by united for 45 million sold after making 14 apps first season and only 7 next.

As i say some could well be within reason failed transfers but the issue seems very common. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

5 minutes ago, The About Average Jake said:

This has been in the game for many years now, For me, It's usually teams like Man City that spend big then don't use the players. It looks like It's Arsenal for you though. 

Yep I would maybe say its even worse and more wide spread this year though. Its not just Arsenal but all the major teams pretty much. Even teams like Aston villa are spending 50 million on a player they only ever play 5 times. 

So I would speculate changes to make the AI better at tranfers has perhaps made them too eager to splash big money on players they cannot fit into their teams. 

This happened in one my saves with Antony. Juventus brought him in on loan from Man Utd and played him a total of 9 times as a substitute... so they signed him for £50m the next season just to give him 5 starts and 14 sub appearances. It's bad enough bringing somebody of that calibre on loan when you obviously don't even really need him (though not entirely unheard of), but after that much being obvious during the loan spell, signing him for £50m is crazy *knowing* he didn't even make it to a starting squad during his loan. They sold him for £9.25m a few seasons later btw.