• Aging players asking for wage raises during contract negotiations...

tezcatlipoca665
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

I don't think this requires a save game because it's something that can be easily replicated just by starting a new save, selecting Chelsea, and asking Thiago Silva to extend his contract (currently runs out at the end of the season). This is also related to how bad the agents seem to be in this game at the moment when it comes to contract negotiations.

Thiago Silva will be 39 years old soon, and he's on £99k per week already. His agent claimed he'd want between £105k-£130k. Predictably, he's outright asking for £130,000 for the next two years (the agents always seem to start at the highest end of their projected wage, in cases where they don't go over it). I tried lowering this to 100k, but his agent won't compromise from £130k and will stop negotiations. Increasing the agent fee can't work in this scenario because lowering the wage also lowers the cap of the agent fee itself. I've tried £105k too - the lowest end of the projected wage - and the agent still stormed out.

I can buy him asking for £99k, but realistically, adding another year when he's clearly about to retire and probably at an age where he can understand being more of a backup during his last season as a player... I don't think an agent would be so bad as to talk their client out of relatively assured financial security like this. If he went down to £70k-£80k for two years, that's still much more than £99k for just one year and an extremely uncertain future beyond that (chances are, much lower wages and an impact sub status at a lower reputation club).

The agents are probably the most frustrating part of this game for me because of how often you have to deal with them, and they all seem to be universally unreasonable, rigid, and just not very smart tbh.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello @tezcatlipoca665

This was not something I was able to reproduce.

I started a Chelsea save and was able to get Thiago Silva to a 79k a week deal.

Do remember when before offering a contract to a player, to talk their agent first, you can typically get them to lower their wage/playing demands etc.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 173558.png

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @tezcatlipoca665

This was not something I was able to reproduce.

I started a Chelsea save and was able to get Thiago Silva to a 79k a week deal.

Do remember when before offering a contract to a player, to talk their agent first, you can typically get them to lower their wage/playing demands etc.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 173558.png

Thanks for checking this, Zachary. You're right - I was able to replicate this on the vanilla version of the game. It's probably one of the mods I'm using, so I'll test these one at a time and see which is giving me grief with these agents. I usually use Davincid's mods but I suspect it's one of the others he recommends using in conjunction with his (probably the 'real agents' mod).

EDIT: It's definitely the 'real agents' mod that's been causing me issues with contract negotiations. It didn't in FM23, but it's different this edition, so that's the last time I'll use it lol.

Edited by tezcatlipoca665