• FM23 Newgen name changes

issaTK_
    • Public Status: Resolved Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

When transitioning save from Football Manager 2023 to Football Manager 2024, I noticed nearly every single one of my Newly generated players have undergone name changes, specifically with their first names. 

I noticed a great number of players who have had their first names changed, for example, a player with the name of Ivan Crespi for example now is called Benjamin Crespi. Prior to the switch to Football Manager 2024, this name did not exist anywhere, and it is the same with many other newgens. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can confirm this. But so far it's only one player on my team. Went trough some of the world best players. Can see any significant changes... 

20231019231318_1.jpg

20231019230919_1.jpg

Edited by BDRick35

• Administrators

This was intentional and relates to fixing a bug. 

It was more prevalent for some, but we had a mass spawn over time of newgens named Ivan or Tomas from Spanish speaking countries - sometimes filling out 50%+ of the national team! :D

The players should be exactly the same otherwise, can only apologise if you it's ruined immersion a little, but was a necessary change on our end for realisms sake.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Kyle Brown:

This was intentional and relates to fixing a bug. 

It was more prevalent for some, but we had a mass spawn over time of newgens named Ivan or Tomas from Spanish speaking countries - sometimes filling out 50%+ of the national team! :D

The players should be exactly the same otherwise, can only apologise if you it's ruined immersion a little, but was a necessary change on our end for realisms sake.

That's actually pretty neat you get a bit more realism for the sake of some names, even in existing save games. good stuff.

I assumed that this might have been the case as I noticed the Ivan and Tomas takeover in last years edition of the game. 

I had many youth intake’s that were filled with 70%+ of Ivan’s. 

I was actually looking forward to taking over the world with a team full of Ivan’s but I guess it’s fine 😂