• Unhappy with playing time

by__elijah
    • Public Status: Need More Info Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

A number of my players have been reportedly unhappy with their playing time. Example here is Alexis Mac Allister who's only missed 2 games in the last 20 like surely 90% of games is good enough?

His agreed playing time is set to Important Player but somehow his actual time is Regular Starter. Don't know what more I can do to improve it the only games he missed were down to fitness and I try avoiding running players into the ground.

There has to be some way for players to stop getting upset when they're becoming too jaded to play, I keep having this issue since dynamics was introduced.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 23.21.18.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hi @by__elijah

Could you upload a save so we can take a look? At a glance it's the fact you're taking the player off nearly every game, including 3 games where he's subbed at half time. As an important player he's expecting to start and complete the majority of matches

Thanks,
    Russell

@Russell Hammant Thanks for the response, I can't seem to find a way of uploading the save file without creating a new thread.

That being said this is the first time I heard players need to complete matches to be happy with their playing time, also when playing a high-tempo system it's hard for any midfield/forward to get to 70/80 minutes without fatigue and running the risk of injury. Then of course you run into jadedness and medical staff recommending players take a rest.

Seems like an oversight.

48 minutes ago, by__elijah said:

@Russell Hammant Thanks for the response, I can't seem to find a way of uploading the save file without creating a new thread.

That being said this is the first time I heard players need to complete matches to be happy with their playing time, also when playing a high-tempo system it's hard for any midfield/forward to get to 70/80 minutes without fatigue and running the risk of injury. Then of course you run into jadedness and medical staff recommending players take a rest.

Seems like an oversight.

Ive reported issues with increased jadedness of players / requirement to rest players. It was suggested it was due to me using AI training rather than managing it myself biut I did the same last year and its worse this year IMHO

• SI Staff
    1 hour ago, by__elijah said:

Seems like an oversight.

Hi @by__elijah

You can upload a save via this link - https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4 if you let me know the save name I can take a look

Star Player & Important player has always been based on the amount of minutes played, as they're the most important players at the club they expect to start as many games as possible and play as many mins as possible (it's been like this since playing time was introduced.)

If there's an issue with fatigue/jadedness then it's worth raising that in either the match forum (if you think it's dropping to much in match) or the injuries forum (if you feel it's not recovering enough between matches).

Kind regards
    Russell

20 minutes ago, Russell Hammant said:

Hi @by__elijah

You can upload a save via this link - https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4 if you let me know the save name I can take a look

Star Player & Important player has always been based on the amount of minutes played, as they're the most important players at the club they expect to start as many games as possible and play as many mins as possible (it's been like this since playing time was introduced.)

If there's an issue with fatigue/jadedness then it's worth raising that in either the match forum (if you think it's dropping to much in match) or the injuries forum (if you feel it's not recovering enough between matches).

Kind regards
    Russell

Thank you @Russell Hammant

I've uploaded the file "by-elijah Brighton and Hove Albion.fm"

Okay, I understand that part about minutes and will keep it in mind.

What I've always struggled with is fixture congestion where I have 2/3 games a week over consecutive weeks and juggling playing time and I bet @MrPompey is probably in the same boat.

Generally, if a player is tired I'll avoid starting them but will probably bring them off the bench (match fit is usually the base). Still, players get upset about that - it's probably just down to the way I play but maybe put something in the AI to recognise team selection based on fitness, if you're tired you can't expect to start. 

It's a constant cycle of player unhappiness.

@by__elijah Yes, exactly that. I dont think the ME caters for the fact that current footballers are now professional athletes. I see many players playing 3 games a week and dont get jaded irl like the do in FM 24. Im getting news reports asking me to rest centre backs and yet in real life you'll see these players playing all 46 league matches

there looks to be an issue with how actual playing time is calculated.  Here is my squad in order of mins played this season with actual playing time next to it.  You can clearly see plays with more mins but lower actual playing time.  this is the root cause of the above issue.

image.thumb.png.b30db7545a479c4e296ac0c2103ee789.png

I have uploaded the save as "Actual playing time bug"  But i have to say it looks  pretty broken for example if you compare these two players both have agreed playing time as regular starter, Geffroy has played 494 mins and Cetinkaya has played 493mins but Geffroy's actual time says Squad player and he is concerned while Cetinkaya's actual time says impact sub but is satisfied.  both are 23, both are worth about 110m, both are internationals.  Geffroy has had no injuries and Cetinkaya has missed 3 days this season.  As a side note Darren Rye has 702mins but actual time says impact sub!" it seems that actual time is a little random:

image.thumb.png.f3ed0e4734f84795d5b56ebfc4ef92d9.png

Edited by shogun

not sure how this is an impact sub.  Seems to be weighting the earlier part of the season much too heavily.  i.e. first 10 games i would agree to impact sub but he has played every one of the next 10image.thumb.png.fc4fb00d0a243559a7b7e66d111179bd.png