• set pieces are bugged

Dohny
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: test.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

1) set pieces that involve passing are impossible to defend against. short corners, throw ins, even free kicks that are played on the ground have an incredibly high chance of ending up as a goal

1) Virtually impossible to defend throw in set pieces, the zonal marking does not work; players set for certain positions just stand there and do nothing regardless of what setting you put. its like rolling the dice whenever you set a set piece instruction.

2) the "trackers" are terrible at tracking, they ALWAYS lose their marks

3) nothing to do for free kicks, you can zonally mark, you can't set your A1s to mark certain box threats so another roll of the dice in hoping your tallest defenders are on the tallest box threats.

the set piece creator was supposed to improve ease in creating set pieces yet we've ended up with every AI team virtually perfect at every kind of set piece (attacking and defending) there is.

massive changes are needed; might as well bring back the old creator as i'd rather not understand the setup, download someone else's routine and have a reasonable time when it comes to set pieces; unlike this great gamble that is this new set piece creator.

Fix it, please and thank you.

you can choose random games in the uploaded save and more often than not AI exploiting the garbage that is this set piece creator. Even if you find something that somewhat works, all of a sudden there's another loophole in your setpieces. virtually a waste of time

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Were defending throw ins part of the update? I'm still conceding lots of goals that start from a throw in, usually a short throw. Can't tell if my defenders have really poor positioning or if it's still an issue.  

10 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, Set Pieces changes were included in our latest update.

looking forward to the changes, even though the notes only mentioned taker lists and AI personnel. i'll go in openminded

On 30/11/2023 at 09:47, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, Set Pieces changes were included in our latest update.

ai defending throw-ins is great, humans defending throw-ins not so much. doesnt matter what setting you put, they still score, wide freekicks are terrible the "player-mark" and "go-back" still mean nothing as the AIs greatest box threats are virtually left unmarked everytime and you cant set any kind of zonal setting for it. decent improvement but still need changes that affect humans not just AI

also after a setpiece has been taken, especially with crosses; if the ai retains possession, the human players dont press or try to return to their original positions, they just stand there marking air

i'll keep updating this post until it becomes archived or it gets fixed.
    Zonal marking on defensive throw-ins dont work, doesnt matter what you set, the player push towards the edge and some of them end up marking nothing. y'all need to redefine what "player mark", "go back", and "zonal marking" mean; because the in-game description is different from what happens in game. Aerial defenders, blockers and counter attackers are properly defined but "trackers" do not follow their ingame description; they lose their marks, are terrible at anticipating runs of opposition and are seemingly a placeholder for anyone who doesnt fit into aerial defenders or blockers. it would have been better if y'all didnt give them a role because they don't do what the role says anyway

Also, the visualizing tool doesnt change and changes wrong sometimes(like telling your player to attack far post for a deep free kick, visualizer shows them off the pitch). 

Free Kick - Deep

A1 was instructed to Near Post.

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.1775772a95086df8ac7ceeb835fe154b.png

====

The most ground breaking is on Defending - Throw-In. No matter what I am change, positions stay like this. If you change from Zonally or Player Mark or Go Back, does not react. Also, A4 is set to Player Mark - but instead stay forward.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.d6470bb0eb3772c75c1810d8c540e3d0.png

So here is my conclusion about attacking throw ins.
    They bunch up all players, then the attack should be on the opposite site. You would need way more width. But instead of giving width, we get depth, which is plainly wrong.

If you give me this screen, why not make it drag and drop? Give me the option to space out these bunched up players. 

If there is an interception, you will get a counter 
    If you go for the offensive setup, you just get more depth, which is even worse.image.thumb.png.25e83adb8c31edaf4d2d2d359f2b58b1.png

Edited by b2khn

9 hours ago, Dohny said:

who knows lol

I was under the impression, that at least a few issues were communicated as under review.

For my liking the community forum is very rarely managed, and most things just stand here.

But since Zak White said setpieces were included in the 24.2 patch, which did not bring huge improvements but ruined the ME, and made the setpieces more buggy, I just wanted to ask.

Edited by b2khn

• SI Staff

The post from Zachary was a response to the post at the time and mentioning changes had been made. Therefore, it gets marked, as you should be able to see, "info provided" so the posts made subsequent to this within this thread mean it doesn't come back onto our radar as quickly because we've looked over it. It doesn't mean an issue is categorically resolved, but rather at that particular point it needs some time to see what people are seeing on the latest update.

I'll change it so our QA team can review the new posts, but in general a specific niche post for just throw ins in one thread, or just free kicks in another can be helpful as it streamlines the information and examples. That's not required of course, but rather just a general tip because we can direct things on our side in a more targeted manner.

Edited by Michael Sant

Wanted to change my attacking corner set piece and got this. Has happened twice so an intermittent bug. Version 24.2.1

Corner Set Piece Screen During Game.jpg

Edited by Slink Shady
    Added version number