• Trequartista not getting many touches

reggerbob
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

Is the Trequartista still classed as a playmaker role with the focus play hidden attribute?

I have simmed many tactics many times and can't get my trequartista on the ball. He is consistently the player with the fewest touches. Both when played central/wide/AM Strata/Striker. I have used Joao Felix there who should be able to find space with 18 Off the Ball. I have used Salah there who has the speed to roam into space quickly. And I set Lamine Yamal to his max CA of 200 and he still wasn't involved with the team until it was time to score. Even when editing comes deep to get ball onto them, they still avoided any buildup or touches in general.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have been having similar problems in this edition. I think that because of positional play, players will rarely roam inside zones where another player already is, therefore you loose the meaning of playing a trequartista (or any role which thrives when roaming) unless you have a hole in your formation for the TQ to fill.

For example, I have tried a 4-3-3 formation strikerless (I dropped the striker into the AMC position), the AMC (10) was an AP-s with the instruction to roam from position and move into channels, and the MCR (8) was a mezzala on attack, here is a heat map from one of the game I simulated:

image.png.7cf3f6cd20f13873614224fd6847d0ad.png

you can see here that my AP-s is effectively sitting inside the left channel the whole game, he does not drop down to link up because the game prohibits him from moving during build up. 

I'm also rather sure the same happens for the RPM, in last edition you could see the RPM switch around with other team mates and actively move from one side to the other to create overload. In this edition, I am almost certain that the heat maps of the RPM and the AP-s in the midfield strata are exactly the same.

I think that the instruction "roam from position" should bypass the positional structure, otherwise you might as well get rid of it.