• player already on yellow card, received straight red

mattyburbur
    • Public Status: Need More Info Save Game: Hertha Berlin.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

My player (Karbownik) received a yellow card in the most recent match but then received a straight red card later in the match. The referee only showed a red without the second yellow and the code of conduct suggested the fine associated with a straight red rather than a second yellow. However, the yellow card has not appeared in the detailed player stats for the league so it does not seem like the initial yellow has counted towards the yellow accumulation ban, so the actual issue seems to be in the visuals of showing the second yellow in the match and then a separate issue with the code of conduct.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

We're going to need to see a PKM of this match please.

I believe that when a red card happens, any previously received yellow cards no longer count towards the yellow card accumulation. It happened recently with Bissouma for Spurs.

But we'd need to see the match to be sure of what happened.

20 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

We're going to need to see a PKM of this match please.

I believe that when a red card happens, any previously received yellow cards no longer count towards the yellow card accumulation. It happened recently with Bissouma for Spurs.

But we'd need to see the match to be sure of what happened.

I'm not sure what you mean by PKM.

The issue is not to do with yellow card accumulation, that works correctly, the issue was in the actual match, when a second yellow wasn't shown, only the red, and there was another issue where the code of conduct suggested the fine for a straight red rather than a second yellow. Unfortunately I clicked through the code of conduct screen before realising the suggested fine was incorrect but I have uploaded the save game and you can go into the match highlights for the most recent match and see that a second yellow was not shown.

2 hours ago, mattyburbur said:

I'm not sure what you mean by PKM.

The issue is not to do with yellow card accumulation, that works correctly, the issue was in the actual match, when a second yellow wasn't shown, only the red, and there was another issue where the code of conduct suggested the fine for a straight red rather than a second yellow. Unfortunately I clicked through the code of conduct screen before realising the suggested fine was incorrect but I have uploaded the save game and you can go into the match highlights for the most recent match and see that a second yellow was not shown.

Mangala in La Liga 2016/17 Barcelona vs Valencia (4-2). 

Fellaini in Premier League 2016/17 Manchester City vs Manchester United (0-0).

These are 2 examples of players receiving a straight red whilst already having a yellow card. This is a real thing in football though rarely happens.

The red card overrules the yellow card so all fines and bans will relate to the straight red and not receiving two yellows.

Edited by Kriqza