• Goal pop-up comes earlier than the goal (years not fixed...)

Gaboo
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

image.thumb.png.798a959c0e61818e3abbf9f00f0ad591.png
    Hi,

I have reported it in FM 21, FM 22, FM 23, and the bug is still in FM24. When would you like to fix it? It is very frustrating the goal panel is sooner popping up than the goal. Every 5. goal I cannot enjoy because of pop up say it will goal:

You cannot write a code like this?: (WHILE) ball (IS NOT) in goal line (DO NOT) pop up the goal commentry message. - Do delay or someting. It should be high prio bug.

All detail with reproduction steps in the previous tickets:

A sreenshot from FM 24 too:

Reproduce steps again:

1. Watch 3D match in Key moments only
    2. Use speed shortkeys Shift+L to fastest, push twice or more
    4. Use speed shortkeys Shift+K to back normal speed before the goal chance
    5. Wait for goal
    6. See the commentary will shouts the Goal before it is happening, so too early (not always happens, but real often, about every 4th-6th of my goals, so try it more times!)

It should be a very serious issule, because who wants to know it will goal when player only kick the ball yet? So I cannot understand why you ignore it for years...

I have tried it on 2 PC and 2 laptop, but bug happened on all devices.

Football Manager 2024. version 24.1 screenshot : The ball is not yet in the goal line, but GOAL pop up is flashing: (why I need to know it will be goal before it happens 1-2 sec?)
    image.thumb.png.798a959c0e61818e3abbf9f00f0ad591.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello @Gaboo

Can we please get a REC file from a match where you have noticed this, along with a save file from before the game took place.

You can see how to find your REC files in the link below.

I am uploading this video, Lisztes goal has with the most eartly  pop up, (Lisztes got the ball, but it already says GOAL for Ferencváros, funny) but I found 4 issue in 1 match... So I cannot understand how you did not find it.

image.png.854993ba77589fcacb960517ad055493.png

How to make .rec file? All forums only say how upload, but not how to make it: 

But how to make .rec file??

All I found to how make video is this threat:

Also funny I have Max total size: 9.77 MB upload limit here, what is not enough for save, and not enough for video. My is limited to 9,77 MB, not unlimited as on your tutorial video... 

So I uploaded the Save game here:
    https://digitalisjatekok.hu/FM/Gaboo Mc - Ferencváros.fm

Also uploaded the Video here, please watch all, Lisztes goal has the baddest early pop-up:

https://digitalisjatekok.hu/FM/earlypopup.mp4

PKM match file:
    https://digitalisjatekok.hu/FM/Ferencváros v Kecskeméti TE.pkm

I cannot do anything more... It was 4 hours today from Me to make this after my real job.

I will delete my link later, I cannot host it forever, so pleased Devs download it.

Thank you very much, I hope it helps

Hi @Zachary Whyte, finally I found rec file (maybe I was tried to did not see earlier). So I made another match. Here only the 2. goal has the issue:

Save Game:
    https://digitalisjatekok.hu/FM/2/Gaboo Mc - Ferencváros.fm

Rec Game:
    https://digitalisjatekok.hu/FM/2/match_recording.rec

Match file:
    https://digitalisjatekok.hu/FM/2/Ferencváros v MTK.pkm

So now I did everything. Please also check my previous attachment with my video.

Gaboo

• SI Staff

Hello @Gaboo

Unfortunately the save you've provided is from after the game not before.

We need a save before the game (you can 'Save As' to make a spare) plus the REC file from after the match is played.

After you've played the match, please minimize FM24 then find the match REC fille in your 'automatic' folder which is located Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\matches\automatic

REC files will only be available for the previous match played.

Please also upload the files to our cloud system in the link below instead of a third party website.

https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Hi @Zachary Whyte, the first save is before the Kecskemet. The second save is accidentaly the SAME, so I know you need before SAVE, just accidentaly uploaded again the first.

But I have the before MTK save too. So I uploaded to your cloud:

Save game BEFORE MTK match: Uploaded to your cloud: "Gaboo Mc - Ferencváros_bforeMTK.fm"
    REC file from AFTER MTK match: Uploaded to your cloud: match_recordingFTC_MTK.rec
    Match file: Uploaded to your cloud: FerencvárosvMTK.pkm

Also fixed my links too:

Save Game before:
    https://digitalisjatekok.hu/FM/3/Gaboo Mc - Ferencváros_bforeMTK.fm

Rec Game after:
    https://digitalisjatekok.hu/FM/3/match_recordingFTC_MTK.rec

Match file:
    https://digitalisjatekok.hu/FM/3/FerencvárosvMTK.pkm

Now everything is ready. This match SECOND goal has the issue only.

Please also check my previous sample video to see how often happening this: https://digitalisjatekok.hu/FM/earlypopup.mp4

I have also attached the screenshot, I have uploaded everything to your cloud. The others will be deleted after some weeks, but your cloud now have it.

image.png

• SI Staff

Thank you for the files, we now have them under review.

If you spotted anything similar happen in other games, please send us more files to examine. :) 

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for the files, we now have them under review.

If you spotted anything similar happen in other games, please send us more files to examine. :) 

Thank you

Hi @Zachary Whyte,

I am so dissappointed about the new Patch 24.2 still not fixed this serious bug. The Shift L, Shift K shorcuts still totally useless, because the sync is still goes wrong, and show early the goal. I must still use my mouse to use speed on panel to do not show early goal.

Why you are still not fixing this? How could I help you more? I have attached, save, rec, match, video records, everything. A lof of hours from my time for nothing.

Years and years, but you still keep running this serious bug.

Dissappointed to buy this game every year, report every year, but not interested.  Shift L, Shift K match speed shortcuts are still useless and you are not interested to fix...

• SI Staff

Hi @Gaboo

It's ultimately a matter of resources and priority, (optional) shortcuts causing the commentary to desync is going to have a lower priority over other more pressing issues.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi @Zachary Whyte, this issue was reported 4-5 years now, on every year. I have attached a lot of saves, games, videos, match play, everything. Why your team still not fixed after 4 years? No have time in 4 years?  :)

• SI Staff

I explained above, as the issue is caused directly by the user and therefore completely avoidable it is of the lowest priority, this could be indirectly fixed with our move to the Unity Engine. But ultimately is not worthy of directing resources towards something so rare/minor.

Hi, @Zachary Whyte, this bug is not caused by the user. I use it correcty. The problem is SIMPLE:  Speed shorcut buttons are not working correctly.

The user caused "bug" is: User is doing something what is NOT normal.

I am ISTQB international certified tester, I know what is bug and what is user caused... This is not user caused... :) (because that is a function you offered as normal usage)

Also this is not a minor bug, because If I use Speed scroll on the top of the Panel, it hides the match big part and cannot see the 3D match normally. So it is a normal bug, but your team were not interested for 4 years.

But thanks for fixing at least the new Unity engine. Thanks. I would ask my money back for FM 2022-2024 because of record bugs, but I cannot after 14 days.

The old FM series were good, this was my favorite game, but after something happened, and the last 3-4 years were very buggy. I hope the best for the new Unity FM, and good luck for it, I hope that will be good again as old times... :/ 

Edited by Gaboo

On 28/02/2024 at 18:33, Zachary Whyte said:

I explained above, as the issue is caused directly by the user and therefore completely avoidable it is of the lowest priority, this could be indirectly fixed with our move to the Unity Engine. But ultimately is not worthy of directing resources towards something so rare/minor.

Hello @Zachary Whyte!

I strongly disagree that the bug is "rare/minor". To me as a long-time fan, this is the most frustrating issue in the game, and I made a Sports Interactive account just to write this comment. I am sure that I and @Gaboo are not alone with our feelings.

I always go through the match and highlights by speeding up at the predictable parts and slowing down at the interesting parts. I have been watching matches like it since at least FM 2013 and I could not imagine any other way. In earlier versions, I used the mouse instead of hotkeys because the slider did not obstruct the match. In the latest version, the menu containing the slider is so large that one cannot keep it visible while watching, hence the need for hotkeys.

I truly hope that the bug will be fixed in the new Unity Engine, and there are certainly tons of other fans who agree.

Cheers,
    Quanta

Edited by Quanta

Thank you @Quanta,

Yes it is a serious issue, it kills the happiness of a goal if we know it before it happens.

@Zachary Whyte: I still hope you will fix it in this 2024 version too, not only in Unity, because if you won't fix it, there will be no one (I repeat no one) version of classic engined FM series where it works fine, because it is a bug for many years. 

At least ONE classic engined (-2024) version to fix please to have. What if we do not like new version or we want enjoy classic 20-24 FM ? There will be no one fixed version of classic engine FM any more... You can really accept this on FM history?

I hope I helped,
    Gaboo