• FM24 shows old FM23 colours in some screens, impact on kit choice?

jayahr

I imported and continued my FM23 Darlington save to FM24 and I came across a (rather minor, because purely graphical) issue:

In FM24, my Darlington team plays with the current season's kits, i.e.a lightly altered home kit and an away kit which is now light blue instead of red.

However, on the match screens, both in the results tab in the top corner and on the ratings screen, the team still shows in red, i.e. the FM23 colours which are no longer played.

Now, given that I played a home team that used blue as the main clour, I wondered whether the game recognises our away colours as light blue or as red. The light blue could be distinguished well, but of course not as well as the black and white home kit would have been against an all-blue opposition. This might cause more trouble in future matches, should the kit choice be impacted by this issue.
    Therefore, the possible kit choice impact is the main issue to be looked at here, the red colour is only of minor importance here.

image.thumb.png.5eddeeebd7a2078360c8f52bcdb7389f.pngimage.png.35c9168200dcc665fe6b2134acf3332b.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

To add to this, in the following home match the kit choice of my opposition Plymouth with its extremely dark green is odd as well. From the back, both teams can hardly be distinguished, just the socks and one minimal stripe are clearly different. Plymouth should have its white or pink alternative jerseys.
    In FM23, Darlington's home kit also had stripes on the back, meaning that both teams would have been much more distinguishable.

This increases my suspicion that for the pupose of kit choice, FM24 falsely compares the FM23 kits and not the FM24 ones.

image.png.51e9ad19ae30fb2d9bfb7f81022bcf57.png

• SI Staff

Hello, this is a known issue when importing saves from FM23, unfortunately this is not something we're able to resolve within this FM cycle.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.