• Bad lighting in 1st half...

SOULjah
    • Public Status: Resolved Save Game: Jon Foster - Unemployed.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

...as requested from this thread 

I now have a couple of screenshots to share.

FMLights.png.6a195e06f4b428497216f69892c9d63d.png

As you can see it is very dark at ko in the first half...

FMLights2.png.37ae0d63a2bf56eb5ff497eea8ced78d.png

...at ko in the 2nd half you can make out the player shirts much better, I have included in both screenshots the floodlights as to depict that they haven't come on.

Any more information required do not hesitate to contact me.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello @SOULjah

What date and time was this match? Does this happen all the time, or only at certain times of day, or was just this once?

Also, what are your graphics settings on?

Finally, can we please get a PKM file from a match where this occurs, if possible can we also get a REC file + plus a save from BEFORE the match takes place. You can see how in the link below.

5 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @SOULjah

What date and time was this match? Does this happen all the time, or only at certain times of day, or was just this once?

Also, what are your graphics settings on?

Finally, can we please get a PKM file from a match where this occurs, if possible can we also get a REC file + plus a save from BEFORE the match takes place. You can see how in the link below.

Sorry for being quite vague with the match date and time 'I think' it was the Gateshead Home match on the 8/3/2025 at 3pm. It happened quite a lot throughout the deep winter months in England - as I have moved into the spring time on my save it doesn't seem to happen so much now.

If it helps I use a Nvidia GTX 1660 3gb and my graphics settings are set to the default the game sets it up as. However, I have messed around with the control panel a bit on more of a system performance spec rather than quality.

Added the PKM file - I hope I have done it right?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Dulwich Hamlet v Gateshead.pkm

• SI Staff

Hello @SOULjah

Thank you for the PKM. In order for us to have a chance to reproduce this issue we will need a REC File (from a match where this occurs) + a Save File from the before the match takes place.

Can you try to reproduce this issue on your end and get us these files?

You can upload them to our cloud - https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Can we also ask what level of graphical settings to the game choose for you by default?

The REC file is called 'Maidstone vs Dulwich bad lighting.rec' and the save file is called 'Jon Foster - bad lighting.fm'

This bad lighting issue was throughout the whole match and didn't change at half time as usual, you barely make out the shirt colours even though the colours are completely different.

All graphics settings are set as 'high' except anti-aliasing which is set to 'medium'.

Thanks again for your time and patience.

• SI Staff

Hello, thank you for the files.

Unfortunately this did not reproduce this for us internally, but we will continue to investigate. 

Can we ask if you exit the match (i.e. using middle mouse button) and then return, is the lighting still the same?

Can you also try reloading the skin during a match. Pause match, hit Cog icon in top right, 'View All Preferences', 'Reload Skin'.

I have literally just turned down my 'Graphics' settings to medium prior to reading this message and it 'seemed' to fix the problem. However, this may have been a reload thing as you stated - will keep an eye on it. 

It does seem like the 'Reload Skin' is the way forward for this issue for the time being even on medium settings the lighting got poor - so I will persist with this till you may get an eventual fix.

Thank you for your time and patience 

So I am re-raising this issue because I have a whole new computer and the same issue persists.

SameissueFM2024.thumb.png.3627456a26f922852e1135e4df7c8ce9.png

Has there been an actual fix to this rather than the 'reload skin' fix?

This is a picture after I reload.

SameissueFM20242.thumb.png.9df3a87273446b8990bb07a6a312f04d.png

• SI Staff

Hi @SOULjah

Not one we were ever able to reproduce internally and we also have no more changes coming to FM24.

But if 'Reload Skin' solves it for you, please keep doing that.

This will no longer be an issue when we move to the Unity Engine.