• Staggering number of injuries regardless of steps taken

corrynation
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I'm all of 4 matches into the season, not only have 4 of my starting 11 been injured each at least 2 weeks, but 1, zinchenko, has been injured 4 times in 5 weeks despite playing once, all training injuries. I gave the entire team 4 days off to not risk it before a big match, 1 got food poisoning the night before regardless. Another match I had 2 injured in game. I've tried reducing training, lowering intensity etc. Is this an isolated incident before I have to start saving before and after files of every single week to upload for errors?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, this would most likely be a case of bad luck.

Our internal data showing injury numbers (lower that than of real life) tell us if we were to make changes that we should increasing the FM injury not lowering it.

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, this would most likely be a case of bad luck.

Our internal data showing injury numbers (lower that than of real life) tell us if we were to make changes that we should increasing the FM injury not lowering it.

Thank you for the quick response! I realize there's bias towards bad news on this so I'm just inquiring right now. 

As an aside, there's a real number of repeat injuries on the training field of someone who just got injured within say a week sometimes even next day. While I realize your internal numbers might say they're low, this particular kind of injury does not feel like it should be manually managed. If a player is back from injury and I'm nursing them in matches, how does any professional coach risk them in training? If there's a way to mitigate such quick injuries on the training field, I feel I shouldn't have to manually go in and say "hey, maybe not give him the brexit tackle treatments today in training right?" For an Premier League coach I feel this should be automatic

• SI Staff

What I usually do when I have a player returning from an injury is to give them a day or two of rest or to lower their individual training intensity to 'Half Intensity for a few days. 

Then when reintroducing them to team have them play 45-60 minutes of a Reserve game or bring them off the bench instead of starting them.

Obviously the medical centre's Risk Assessment page can also be useful.

7 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

What I usually do when I have a player returning from an injury is to give them a day or two of rest or to lower their individual training intensity to 'Half Intensity for a few days. 

Then when reintroducing them to team have them play 45-60 minutes of a Reserve game or bring them off the bench instead of starting them.

Obviously the medical centre's Risk Assessment page can also be useful.

I appreciate that. And it's what I'm having to do. But I'm wondering if you actually read my post or if you just jump to informing what I did wrong? 

In addition to these repeat injuries happening even before I put them in any match at all, I was speaking about the aspects that it seems unusual that I have to manually tell my coaches not to go break them the day after they come back. Or have some kind of streamlined options like when they return from injury, having in the message a default ease them in option.