• Player Value Depreciating After 6th season

Hurdes
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

In the 7th season of my game with a Maltese team and experienced an issue with players values juristically decreasing 

I had players ranging from 10-30 Million in Value and overnight their values have slashed to 10% of that at Best, wondering how this could've happened as my Coefficient Rankings and i have gone up ive won all the trophies with no players contracts expiring for another 2 seasons 

Big problem now is bigger teams are approaching these players to get them cheap meaning the players are unhappy at me rejecting offers and other wont even consider contract extensions meaning i have to either sell or have every player want to leave my club till their contracts expire, additionally doesnt help because im only keep afloat with finances by signing cheap and selling high meaning my wage structure is not viable for the club 

I have already tried playing a season with this issue hoping it would fix itself but it just hasnt.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Uploading the file now 

Name of the file: last save overwrite backup SEPTEMBER 2032.fm

I have played a few seasons since occurring this bug and it still hasnt fixed itself

Has a patch for this been released? I am having the same issue and it's having a major impact on my pentagon challenge.

• Joe Hirst - Pentagon Challenge.fm

Edited by KaizenFM

so this still happens, I'm happy to provide some more info.

value drops seem to start around June 2032 for me, not for all players and not for all players at the same time. It doesn't seem to be tied to the player's reputation, in my examples below Nyobe has the highest rep, Marcondes the lowest and Nen is in the middle, yet for Nen it happens the latest.

I'm obviously playing on a custom database but people I've talked to in the community experience the same on vanilla databases as well. It does seem to affect only players in the league the player is managing in and weaker leagues seem to be affected disproportionally heavier than the Prem or Serie A.

I've uploaded 3 save files to the cloud in case you need to recreate a timeline to compare. June tests are from 2032, Jan is from 2033:

Value Drop Test Jan 2nd 33.fm

Value Drop Test June 2nd.fm

Value Drop Test June 7th.fm

I've attached screenshots of 3 selected players that show the massive drop in valuation.

would be nice if this would be fixed soon since it's essentially breaking longterm saves outside the Top5 leagues.

If you need further information or assitance I'll gladly help out where I can. 

Nyobe 2032-05-31.png

Nyobe 2032-06-07.png

Nyobe 2033-01-02.png

Nen 2032-05-31.png

Nen 2032-06-07.png

Nen 2033-01-02.png

Marcodes 2032-07-02.png

Marcones 2032-06-02.png

• SI Staff

Hello @parspro_

We've not been able to reproduce this with our internal testing.

It's most likely this has been caused by your custom database changes.

We will run some additional tests, thank you for raising. 

Greece leagues, no database changes, being played as AE Larissa

image.png?ex=65f481c6&is=65e20cc6&hm=586ff69ace48021eb9f966a4890b09297798918c5351834440cee29b17df928d&=

File is in the SI Cloud Service as 'Greece - 2030 - Pre Value Drop'. I can add the 2031 save file too if needed.

Edited by Captain Zeep

On 02/03/2024 at 00:00, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @parspro_

We've not been able to reproduce this with our internal testing.

It's most likely this has been caused by your custom database changes.

We will run some additional tests, thank you for raising. 

Also want to add that my save is on the standard database. I did not experience any issues before around 2030-2032 from memory.

On 16/04/2024 at 13:13, KaizenFM said:

Also want to add that my save is on the standard database. I did not experience any issues before around 2030-2032 from memory.

What league is your save in?

5 hours ago, Captain Zeep said:

What league is your save in?

It is a pentagon challenge that has seen me go all over the world. I did not experience the player value issues in a significant way until around 2032 or so. I was in Argentina with Boca at this time. I have since been to Mexico (Pumas and Tigres), then Tottenham and now Real Madrid.

My Tottenham team values were poor. Since leaving players who were worth approx 50-70m are now all worth 150m+. I left to join Real Madrid as I did not see a way to control Tottenhams debt; however, since leaving their player values have spiked significantly despite average player performance.

My assumption is that there is a league weighting to it, but also that the bug specifically impacts real players more than AI. My Real Madrid club rep is 5 star, we finished runners up in the CL, we have consistently dominated the league. I understand that stars are relative; however, I have high judging CA staff and what I believe are some of the games current best players. I have 6 5 star players, 8 4.5 star players and 5 4 star players. My goalkeeper has been the worlds best keeper for two years and is only valued at 74-94m. My highest valued players are three players who signed in the last window; with their transfer values of 109m (appears to be some kind of cap as I have 4 players with max values of 109m) slowly reducing over time despite high average ratings. My highest first team average rating is 8.07 after 15 games. I am in December 2038. World player values are as high as 300m, with my highest value player only the 131st highest value in the game.

I knew of the bug as a streamer mentioned it when I was in 2029 in game. It is disappointing that SI has not acknowledged the bug as I cannot imagine that they have team members who have not played this far into their saves.

Just now, KaizenFM said:

It is a pentagon challenge that has seen me go all over the world. I did not experience the player value issues in a significant way until around 2032 or so. I was in Argentina with Boca at this time. I have since been to Mexico (Pumas and Tigres), then Tottenham and now Real Madrid.

My Tottenham team values were poor. Since leaving players who were worth approx 50-70m are now all worth 150m+. I left to join Real Madrid as I did not see a way to control Tottenhams debt; however, since leaving their player values have spiked significantly despite average player performance.

My assumption is that there is a league weighting to it, but also that the bug specifically impacts real players more than AI. My Real Madrid club rep is 5 star, we finished runners up in the CL, we have consistently dominated the league. I understand that stars are relative; however, I have high judging CA staff and what I believe are some of the games current best players. I have 6 5 star players, 8 4.5 star players and 5 4 star players. My goalkeeper has been the worlds best keeper for two years and is only valued at 74-94m. My highest valued players are three players who signed in the last window; with their transfer values of 109m (appears to be some kind of cap as I have 4 players with max values of 109m) slowly reducing over time despite high average ratings. My highest first team average rating is 8.07 after 15 games. I am in December 2038. World player values are as high as 300m, with my highest value player only the 131st highest value in the game.

I knew of the bug as a streamer mentioned it when I was in 2029 in game. It is disappointing that SI has not acknowledged the bug as I cannot imagine that they have team members who have not played this far into their saves.

Also to add - the only way I have managed to navigate the bug is to accept I will lose players due to the values; I put in 50% sell on clauses knowing the values will almost always be much higher for the opposing team, so that I can cash in when available to reduce the impact.

I am lucky in my save that I am moving to big clubs with good finances. If I was doing a one club save with a smaller team I would not continue with FM24 and would move back to a previous version of the game.

9 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @KaizenFM

Can you upload your latest save file to us, we're not seeing this in non custom saves so far.

• Joe Hirst - Pentagon Challenge Real Madrid.fm