• Newgens on permanent LOW FATIGUE status

ajancsiii
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: Youth Academy Challenge (v10).fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

I noticed a bug during my two long term saves (one started in November, the other in February) that my youth players are not able to regain their FRESH status but remain in a permanent LOW FATIGUE status. This problem only exists with newgens.

- My youth intake comes to my club in low fatigue status by default and these players remain in permanent low fatigue status.
    - Even if they don't play a single match for months and don't get training, they won't regain their fresh status either like the non-regen players.
    - if I send them to rest for 2 weeks, even several times in a row, they will not regain their fresh status like the non-regen players.
    - Even during the long winter and summer holidays, they do not become fresh like the non-regen players.
    - Whether I move them to the youth or senior team, the problem still exists.

Strange things that are also related to the problem:

- If I sign a 18-year-old newgen from, for example, Dinamo Zagreb's U19 team, he is also in permanent low fatigue status, so he comes to my team and never becomes fresh. 
    - On the other hand, if I sign a 17-year-old newgen from Dinamo Zagreb's senior team who has already participated in senior football, he either arrives in Fresh status or if he arrives in Low fatigue status, he can still regain Fresh status.
    - THIS LATER UNFORTUNATELY does not solve the problem with my home-grown youth players, even though they get playing time in my senior team, it does not solve the problem in their case.

Strange things that can solve the problem:

- If I loan out my newgen stuck in low fatigue status to a senior team and i recall him from the loan, he becomes fresh status like the real players and the problem disappears.
    - If the newgenem stuck in low fatigue status gets SENIOR international call up, after returning, it becomes fresh and the problem disappears (U19/21  etc.. team match DOES NOT solve the problem).

Unfortunately, these are quite frustrating and in the case of a newgen who is never loaned out and never called up to the senior national team, the low fatigue status will remain for an entire career.

Thanks in advance for your reply on what could be causing this problem and how can i solve this?

image.thumb.jpeg.be28aa00c779b934058eb78700358650.jpeg

It is just a screenshot from the last day of my recent winter break, the low fatigue players are newgens, the fresh ones are non-newgen players.

I uploaded one of the save files of my recent youth academy challenge. You can see that after the winter break all the newgens are on low fatigue and all the non-regen players are on fresh.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Is it possible that the low fatigue status will disappear when they turn 18? and this is actually not a bug, but the players are physically weaker because of their young age and are therefore in a constant low fatigue state?

• SI Staff

Hello, we've not had any similar people raise this to us. 

We will investigate your save file further. 

My first guess is that this has been caused by some custom content on your end, have you spotted this in any other save files?

5 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we've not had any similar people raise this to us. 

We will investigate your save file further. 

My first guess is that this has been caused by some custom content on your end, have you spotted this in any other save files?

I have started two long term saves in FM24 so far, in the first one my home grown youth players did not get a lot of attention, but I noticed this problem there as well, but it didn't really affect me there. However, I have currently started a youth academy challenge where this will be more important.

I am currently paying more attention to the phenomenon and at the moment some of my players who have just turned 18 years old, the constant low fatigue status has disappeared after 3 years and they are able to regenerate into fresh status, so I think that this "bug" is not necessarily a bug but a normal state between the ages of 15-18 and as soon as the player turns 18, this problem disappears, in my opinion, thus representing that the given player now has an adult physique.

I have had this exact same bug in FM23 on two different saves. The annoying part is even if you use the in game editor to change their fatigue to -1000 or whatever, it will get back to “low” in a week or two max.

I think the bug is related to what squad and the squad training the newgen is in. They would be in the senior squad and I would send them to rest for a week, but their fatigue level would increase every day even though they were being rested. Making me think they were also doing u18 training or something like that. 

I also did something recommended here which was send them on the longest holiday time, twice. Which I did but after a week or so the fatigue level came back. 

But good to know about the international call up and loaning out. 

My current save is a youth academy challenge, so I can observe the phenomenon better. I currently have 4-5 newgen youth players who turned 18 and switched to FRESH status practically on that day. Because of this, I consider it possible that this is not a bug, but that this is how the game differentiates between adult and child physics. But hopefully we can get confirmation on this from someone who knows more about the subject. I will also continue to monitor whether this will happen to all my youth players.