• goalkeeper injuries still too frequent (pc)

Dohny
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Josh Bakers - Arsenal.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

the number of injuries affecting my gks from u18 to the senior squad is incredible, even with a good number of physios. you can check the injury history, i still get reports of my gks on loan with injuries. i thought this was fixed with the last patch, my senior squad gk recently had a hand injury midmatch; the number of hand, arm injuries is something else. i hope this will be fixed with the next patch.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, we already lowered the amount of GK injuries in our last update.

Our internal data looks good, and we've had no other reports of high GK injury since the update.

You are most likely just getting unlucky, GK injuries will still occur.

On 22/11/2023 at 11:41, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we already lowered the amount of GK injuries in our last update.

Our internal data looks good, and we've had no other reports of high GK injury since the update.

You are most likely just getting unlucky, GK injuries will still occur.

that sucks then, i still find it odd that its rampant even from u81 to senior team. i agree that the frequency is definitely less but the current frequency is still "unnatural"

On 28/11/2023 at 18:28, Michael Sant said:

We'd need to see a sustained period of elevated injuries to really review it further. Bad luck does play a part when it comes to injuries. 

bad luck for all your club gks at every level, and even on loans in incredibly odd. some players are unlucky with injuries and thats fine; i've had a player come back from a 9month injury, play 45mins and be unavailable another 8 months, thats bad luck. the game rotating your club gks injuries at every level and even to gks on loan is unnatural and not just bad luck

Edited by Dohny

• SI Staff

If you can provide a breakdown of how many injuries your goalkeepers have sustained since the last update we can review the figures. Our internal data is drawn from a huge quantity of soak tests, in which we can analyse the clubs in those individual soak test saves. It means to review this meaningfully at this point we'd need a much detailed breakdown because we don't know at what point your save will have transitioned to the latest update etc. 

8 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

If you can provide a breakdown of how many injuries your goalkeepers have sustained since the last update we can review the figures. Our internal data is drawn from a huge quantity of soak tests, in which we can analyse the clubs in those individual soak test saves. It means to review this meaningfully at this point we'd need a much detailed breakdown because we don't know at what point your save will have transitioned to the latest update etc. 

this save was made after the latest update i believe, since the previous frequency was too unnatural, i just deleted it and started a new one. the injury history list has the frequency of injuries and the gks who were injured all season. i just hope my case is an anomaly then but this is what i experienced over the course of a season after the new update

Edited by Dohny

This is most certainly not fixed:

29/12 - Primary Goalkeeper injured for second time in two months

15/1 - Back-up Keeper injured

16/1 - Bring U18 keep back from loan and promote U21 keeper

17/1 - U18 keeper gets injured

One keeper left with two critical UCL games in Group Stage

I am playing latest update as they download automatically

• SI Staff

While its going to be unfortunate for someone to suffer injuries that close together, it's a 3 week period. An injury crisis can strike clubs, and invariably each season there is a story when a club has been left with one or no fit goalkeepers. This is why some leagues have emergency goalkeeper loans in real life, as a realisation it can happen.

Before the issue was a sustained pattern that could be shown across the season, from season to season. Impacting multiple clubs. 

I agree keeper injuries are still an issue, especially when playing a match.

It can be horrendous in non league where you only get 5 subs so you'll never pick a sub keeper. It's happened to me 3 times in two seasons on the same save, team, player and injury. 

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Michael Sant:

While its going to be unfortunate for someone to suffer injuries that close together, it's a 3 week period. An injury crisis can strike clubs, and invariably each season there is a story when a club has been left with one or no fit goalkeepers. This is why some leagues have emergency goalkeeper loans in real life, as a realisation it can happen.

Before the issue was a sustained pattern that could be shown across the season, from season to season. Impacting multiple clubs. 

The problem aint the amount of injuries in total, but that they allways happen at once. if one GK gets injured you can be 100% sure 80%+ of your other goalkeepers will be injured within the next two weeks. leaving you in the worst case with a 15 year old goaly not allowed to be fieled due to registration clauses... for weeks...

I’m having goalkeeper injury issues a well. First choice keeper got injured during pre season, missed seven weeks, when he came back my backup keeper got injured and is currently out for four weeks, and ten minutes before writing this comment my first choice keeper got injured again and is now out for four weeks as well.

So my two keepers are out for weeks now, this is while I have been managing their injury risk closely (as I do with all my players). It’s weird, and could be bad luck, but very weird.