• Assistant Manager keeps changing my training schedule

wazza_d

I have a video of what has been happening for the last I don't know how many years of FM, but this year is the year it pushed me over the edge and is boiling my blood.

The issue is that I have a set training schedule to maximise the growth of my players etc. But this system that you've implemented whereby the assistant manager changes your training schedule because of fixture congestion or changes is so tedious to work with. 

I am the manager, therefore if I am in control of training, I do not want my assistant manager to change the schedule in any shape or form. He can alert me for sure, but changing it is time consuming. It is always when there is a match on a Sunday and you want to set a training schedule for the following week. The training schedule has sessions on a Monday, but the assistant manager decides to replace it with a recovery and a rest session instead ... it is seriously annoying when I should be in control of training. I do not want any one to change it.

First of all, when players have played in a match, the players who have played the majority of the match should be given a rest period automatically while the others who have not played should return to training the next day ... it does not even make sense that they should also be given a day off or some time off because it was a match the Sunday therefore the assistant manager decides the entire team needs a rest session.

I've recorded what happens as this is the best way I could show to you instead of screenshots. This is time consuming having to change it every single time a match is on a Sunday and I would have to manually add those 2 sessions back in on a Monday which is saved as a custom session. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi. 

I uploaded a video of how this happens. Did you not receive it? It is not specific to my save, it will happen on any save. 

• WLD-TrainingScheduleChanging.mov
    • WLD - TrainingIssue - HIFK.fm

• SI Staff

Having a save in which we know the issue reproduces is a very useful step for the QA team when it comes to investigating. Our internal builds may function slightly differently, and given how the bug arises it might not be reproducible on our side given that. Our QA team will take a look into this further.

• SI Staff

Hi @wazza_d

To give an update, based on the video you provided the initial change from the assistant manager is intentional behaviour. As the custom schedules are with Saturday as Match Day, so when there's a game on Sunday instead, the recovery sessions move to Monday.

However, there does seem to be an issue after you make further changes to the new schedule, it's getting reset for some reason. This is something we can look into further but won't be able to make any changes to in this FM cycle. 

On 29/03/2024 at 16:07, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @wazza_d

To give an update, based on the video you provided the initial change from the assistant manager is intentional behaviour. As the custom schedules are with Saturday as Match Day, so when there's a game on Sunday instead, the recovery sessions move to Monday.

However, there does seem to be an issue after you make further changes to the new schedule, it's getting reset for some reason. This is something we can look into further but won't be able to make any changes to in this FM cycle. 

This has been happening the last few years and has previously been reported. Why do things like this never get fixed?

On 10/03/2024 at 11:33, wazza_d said:

I assume nothing will be done about this? 

You can fix it yourself by just setting the match days to wednesday and Saturday. So not allowed games to be moved to TV

It also helps with the poor scheduling FM does at times. For example having a league game on Sunday and champions League on Tuesday lol

On 29/03/2024 at 17:07, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @wazza_d

The thing is ... there should be a way to add some logic in the game. Those who were involved in the match day squad - should be given an automatic rest day. The recovery sessions are worse than rest sessions (they recover less overall physical condition stats when it is a recovery session). The players who were not in the game or did not play any part of it - they should be going to training. 

Doubt anything will get looked into as @keithbeaky mentioned that it has been reported for years. This is a quality of life improvement. But alas, I have given up on playing this game, building a nation save when you have overly sensitive players who will complain just about anything made me delete it lol.