• Everything Hammarby connected is overrated (again)

kenny_pavey
    • Public Status: Open Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

The most common issue with Sweden is that everything Hammarby (and Hammarby TFF) connected is waaaaaay overrated. For example:

• Their academy seems to be the best rated in the country in-game when the latest ranking has them 8th in the country (Link). They have talent in Hammarby TFF, but a lot of that is poached players from other teams academies when they turn 19.
    • Markus Karlsson and Deniz Gül starting in Sweden U21 when the former is not a lock in the squad in real life, and the latter is not close to being called up.
    • Oliver Dovin seems to be one of the best keepers in the league when he's heavily debated as "maybe not good enough" for a mid-table Hammarby. He should be on a comparable level of Noel Törnqvist.
    • Erabi is considered one of the best strikers in the league after a decent first season. Lots of talent, but insane to say that he's already one of the top strikers. From the start he's a lock in the U21 (Oskar Vilhelmsson has that spot in real life) and gets proposed to be called-up to senior national team within a year when I play with Sweden.
    • Apparently they have 3 of the best central defenders in the league in-game

In general, most talents in Hammarby and Hammarby TFF should probably go down a notch in current ability.

Haven't checked this, but previously there has been an issue where basically all Hammarby talents get PA values depending on how good their best potential is, while the rest of the players get PA based on probable potential.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can't seem to edit, so adding here. Just scouted Oliver Dovin and my scouts highlight how consistent he is. I don't think I can highlight how insane that is. Dovin's biggest weakness is that he is extremely inconsistent, I don't think there's a keeper in the last 5 years with more howlers than him in the league.

The academy ratings are not based on the same things.

Dovin and Erabi are not rated among top three when it comes to CA.

Hammarby have one central defender among top five when it comes to CA ratings.

Hammarby IF are not rated among the top four teams in the league,  when it comes to CA16 ratings.

4 minutes ago, stoke said:

The academy ratings are not based on the same things.

Dovin and Erabi are not rated among top three when it comes to CA.

Hammarby have one central defender among top five when it comes to CA ratings.

Hammarby IF are not rated among the top four teams in the league,  when it comes to CA16 ratings.

What on earth merits Hammarby having the best academy in FM24 then?

Top 3 is irrelevant. Dovin should not in any sense be considered a "star" in Allsvenskan. He's a decent keeper at Allsvenskan level, nothing more. Same with Erabi, who has 1 good summer at Allsvenskan level, yet is top Allsvenskan level in key stats and mentals.

Again, top 5 is irrelevant. They are to highly rated compared to the average Allsvenskan player. Hammarby has all seasons except for 2022 been a poor defensive side which I would argue that that was due to Marti's good tactics rather than player quality.

That's good, but their youth players are still highly rated, especially in role scores. As we see with Turkish players this year, CA is not everything.

Then what is this supposed to show? Struggle to see how Hammarby should be at the top of any academy rating really.

Seem to put hammarby 2nd or 3rd in academy rating (joint stars with Kalmar). Why?

Seem to put them at the top after Brommapojkarna in recruitment and training. Why? As you say, does not measure exactly the same thing, but SEF does not even have Hammarby in top 10 in the training facilities for youth players. Seems really weird to have such a large difference, when it seems to rate the rest quite similar at a glance.

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 11.10.04.png

Edited by kenny_pavey
    Checked the underlying stars