• Marítimo predicted 17th in Liga 2? Vilaverdense 2nd?

nms1987
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: Save Game

Not a bug, but something I found surprising, is that Marítimo is projected (according to the choose a team screen) to finish in the relegation zone of Portugal's 2nd league?  They were the "best" of the relegated teams from Liga 1 last year (finishing 16th and losing the playoff), and they are not an up and down team, this relegation ended a 40 year run in the top league.

Back to back relegations certainly happen from time to time, and once stable clubs certainly can begin floundering and sinking quickly, but it does seem unusual for a team just relegated from the top league to be PROJECTED to do so poorly.  Usually you'd at least project them to do well the next year, even if it doesn't always turn out that way.  In real life they are currently sitting 2nd in Liga 2.

I'm sure I could be missing something about what they lost from last year's team that would make them expected to do so poorly in Liga 2 this year, but I thought this might be some kind of data error.

Oh, and recently promoted from Liga 3 and very small (and drowning IRL) Lank FC Vilaverdense (LFCV) is predicted to finish 2nd in Liga 2.  Feels as backwards as Marítimo getting relegated.  Again, not expecting FM to be real life, I love that it allows crazy things to happen!  But I thought these two predictions are so outlanding (and basically perfectly reversed from what they should be) that maybe it was an error

Thanks for the great game!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Ok, I'm looking at it further and it seems funnier.  None of the teams in Liga 2 are "predicted" to finish first haha.  Both Marítimo and Beleneses are projected to finish 17th and Mafra and AVS are both projected to finish 5th, which I might thought maybe just meant a tie but there weren't other teams also projected for 6th and 7th.  But no one 1st!

Also, Pacos de Ferreira (just relegated from Liga 1) is projected to finish dead last in Liga 2 while Santa Clara, the other team coming down from Liga 1, is projected 12th.  Would be basically unheard of 2 of the 3 coming down from the top league to get relegated again with the other not even finishing top half of Liga 2

Ok, more madness, sorry.

Farense (fresh up from Liga 2) is projected to finish 2nd in the top league!  Benfica is also predicted to finish 2nd haha.  Porto 1, Sporting 3, Braga 4.  So perfectly realistic except for Farense.

Gil Vicente and Estrela Amadora (CDEA) are both predicted 11th.  Moreirense and Rio Ave both predicted 13th.  Like Farense, Estrela and Moreirense are the teams that moved up from Liga 2, so maybe something about that is causing weirdness?

And no one is projected to get relegated from the top league! Chaves is predicted 16th (relegation playoff) but no one is predicted to finish 17th and 18th.

I just took the Farense job to see what would happen.  While the board isn't expecting me to finish 2nd, it is expecting mid table this year, top half next year and Europa Conf League in my 3rd year.  Pretty ambitious for a just promoted team, but not impossible.

I was planning on doing a Santa Clara save and then noticed that both they and Benfica B were predicted 12th an no one was predicted first so thought I'd stay clear!

The database for the final version was already closed before the beta version was out, so it was impossible to correct it. It will be corrected in a future update.