• Illegible team promoted to J.League

Charleo
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

Honda FC have been promoted to the J.League in my save, but this isn't possible. Corporate teams like Honda FC aren't allowed to enter the J.League, so can not get the required J.League licence for promotion. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey there, thanks for this, I did point this out earlier, however rules regarding promotion to J3 have changed this year and Honda FC are technically eligible for promotion as teams can now receive their J3 Licence after winning the league and not before like it has been. this also means that if Honda FC made the step to not be a company team at the end of the season then they would be promoted. That is why as of the moment there still hasnt been any notice of them being ineligible, but will presume it might come after they finnish in the top 2 places.

Em 01/11/2023 em 19:07, Robbles Quin ®™ disse:

Hey there, thanks for this, I did point this out earlier, however rules regarding promotion to J3 have changed this year and Honda FC are technically eligible for promotion as teams can now receive their J3 Licence after winning the league and not before like it has been. this also means that if Honda FC made the step to not be a company team at the end of the season then they would be promoted. That is why as of the moment there still hasnt been any notice of them being ineligible, but will presume it might come after they finnish in the top 2 places.

What Total BS! Honda FC is a subsidiary of Honda. A 5 second read of their wikipedia page would be enough to verify that not only Honda FC does not intend to enter J3 they would also have to change their name, since Honda FC is a blatant corporate name.

33 minutes ago, X0X0 said:

What Total BS! Honda FC is a subsidiary of Honda. A 5 second read of their wikipedia page would be enough to verify that not only Honda FC does not intend to enter J3 they would also have to change their name, since Honda FC is a blatant corporate name.

It ain't BS, as there literally hasnt been ANY press release or any other form of official documentation stating what teams can join the 2024 J.League. For all we know company teams might now be allowed entry. If there is no debate going on about it then they would have stated at the start of the season regarding promotion to the 2024 J3 league.

The only thing that was officially announced is that 1) You no longer need a J3 license in advance as now you will receive it upon promotion providing that 2) you aim for a average attendance of 2000 with 3000 being the Aim in J3 and 3) that you are financially viable, not making an unreasonable loss as opposed to the previous rules stating at least 150 million yen in sponsorship must be achieved to join J3.

100 year license holders now are now converted to J3 license's upon promotion and holding the 100 year license no longer is a pre requisite for promotion into J3.

The rules are so much more lax for next year, and nearly all newspaper/online japanese databases for the JFL league table are showing Honda FC, Sony Sendai and Reliac Shiga as being eligible although they all technically woudn't according to prior relegations. Even this close to the end of the season if all 1-3rd place were ineligible there would be no relegation for J3 this year, and yet there has not been a press conference yet confirming it at this late stage of the season. 

Honda FC also are not required to change their name as long as they have the support for it, backing by the local city and permission from j.league corporate. the only change would be that Honda FC and Honda would have to be separate companies with the Honda FC payments coming through as sponserships as with all the OG J.League Teams.

So until I get official confirmation regarding promotion policies regarding the so called inelegibile teams, I would say it is still premature to call is completely BS as I have stated above, are just some of the reasons why things have not been confirmed yet.

The only thing that was officially announced is that 1) You no longer need a J3 license in advance as now you will receive it upon promotion providing that 2) you aim for a average attendance of 2000 with 3000 being the Aim in J3 and 3) that you are financially viable, not making an unreasonable loss as opposed to the previous rules stating at least 150 million yen in sponsorship must be achieved to join J3.

A club cannot be promoted to J3 unless it holds a J3 club license.
    This is clearly stated on the J League official website.

https://www.jleague.jp/news/article/24405/

j3.png.c1d515688acc65084ab77e364c8e6341.png
    If the clubs ranked 2nd or higher in the JFL have not received a club license decision to join the J.League, clubs ranked 3rd or lower will not be moved up.

https://www.jleague.jp/news/article/26118/

j31.png.0a7c258e8d21b1aa53242c4bb99dfae2.png

Items related to average attendance and finances assume that the club holds a license.

It is an unspoken fact that corporate clubs such as HONDA FC, Sony Sendai, Maruyasu, and MinebeaMitsumi do not wish to be promoted from the JFL. However, we won't know in 50 years.
    But I'm not sure whether that implicit fact should be set as an in-game setting.

https://twitter.com/Honda_FC/status/1166156856206610432

HONDA FC's official Twitter has hinted that they have no desire to be promoted.

j4.png.108b94eb8550637f5017b150fb54d3eb.png

@Dosukoi Yeah, there was an extra press conference in June/July that stated that they were eligible to receive licenses after the fact in a new  structure starting in 2024/2025 as with the possible gradual move to a european calender season commencing possibly in 2025/26. Honda FC out of the three/four company teams, do in fact have a U18 team making them eligible should they decide to change their mind at any point in the future. They are no longer ineligible, they are just deciding not to be promoted anymore, which as you said could change at any point.

Also as it is outside the licensing aspect of the included J.Leagues, i doubt it would be included unless J.League specifically do not want them to be included which so far has not happened.

I mean of course It can be added post launch with the editor, or a future update if enough people feel that it should be warranted, but it definately is not a priority right now

I do however, value both of your inputs here as it definately opens the question on whether there should be a option for teams who do have the so called option to be promoted, as it would be now technically inaccurate to say that they are ineligible anymore. I will include both options when I do my lower league database so that at least people with have the option open to them.

I honestly would just cap promotion at those four teams that currently hold the J3 License, with Reliac and Kochi eligible beyond 2025. Honda FC are not a self-sustaining club. They have one the smallest grounds in the JFL, their average attendances have never gone beyond 1,000 and they still employ company players that operate on part-time contracts. The reason they don't go up, is because it would financially cripple them to go professional.

4 minutes ago, kabajingai said:

I honestly would just cap promotion at those four teams that currently hold the J3 License, with Reliac and Kochi eligible beyond 2025. Honda FC are not a self-sustaining club. They have one the smallest grounds in the JFL, their average attendances have never gone beyond 1,000 and they still employ company players that operate on part-time contracts. The reason they don't go up, is because it would financially cripple them to go professional.

no team have ever really had an average attendance close to 2000 let alone 1000 and yet they go up. Sponserships too, its more of a making promises pact which only a few teams don't live up to.  But yeah you are correct that Honda would probably require a much larger investment if they change, they have an U18 team and have facilities, just not a suitable stadium. it is still technically their choice on whether they want to get promoted each year. Either way its a JFL issue not a J3 one, and as it is not in game, theres not much that can be done as licensing are only involved with J1-3.

On 04/11/2023 at 19:56, Robbles Quin ®™ said:

no team have ever really had an average attendance close to 2000 let alone 1000 and yet they go up. Sponserships too, its more of a making promises pact which only a few teams don't live up to.  But yeah you are correct that Honda would probably require a much larger investment if they change, they have an U18 team and have facilities, just not a suitable stadium. it is still technically their choice on whether they want to get promoted each year. Either way its a JFL issue not a J3 one, and as it is not in game, theres not much that can be done as licensing are only involved with J1-3.

Promoted JFL teams average attendance over the past decade:

2022: Nara Club (2,456), FC Osaka (2,563)

2021: FC Iwaki (2,121)

2019: FC Imabari (3,101)

2018; Hachinoe (2,208)

2016: Numazu (2,332)

2015: Kagoshima Utd (2,624)

2014: Renofa Yamaguchi (2,602)

Its not even a matter of changing. Its a matter of pure geography and fan-base. They have to share the city with Iwata - who are basically J-League old money. 

both Nara and Osaka FC have over exagerated numbers, both  of Osakas 12,000 attendaces and Naras 5000 lots were mostly all free given tickets to boost the numbers to get to the threshhold. Imabari and Hachinohe did the same. without the outliers then the numbers are nothing special. Iwata, sure but Shizuoka generates the best quality youth intake players in Japan by quite a margin. The amount of Quality in Shizuoka alone would be enough for multiple teams, Osaka has 3 and even more coming through regional. and with the amount of money now being chucked at the regional teams there will be a lot more quality teams in the future too.