• Derry City Issues

re1n
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

1. Ben Doherty has played the vast majority of this season at left back in a back 4 and even tonight finished the game at left wing back, however in the game he can't play left back or wing back. 

2. Callum McCay is listed ingame as Calum McCaye not sure why the extra e

3. The Brandywell will be expanded to 6242 with new safe standing stand. Work begins at the end of the 2023 season and is planned to be done in time for European matches in the summer of 2024. I'm not sure if this is something that is usually added to game but figured I may as well mention it. https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/derry-citys-new-north-terrace-stand-to-cost-brandywell-club-in-region-of-ps2million-4361742

4. As I've said in previous years and I've been told the reason the game does this, Windsor Park is not an appropriate location to move European games to. Derry actuially tried this year but UEFA wouldn't allow it. For games where the Brandywell doesnt meet the requirements Tallaght in Dublin should be used instead. https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derry-city-windsor-park-decision-27490015

So far this is everything I have noticed from a quick look. I'll either start a new thread or reply here if I notice anything else

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

6. Silly one since it doesn't really matter and I've spent way too long looking for a source and couldn't find anything other than the team from the Presidents Cup on the 10th of February (it's played on the 11th ingame although maybe that's an issue for another thread) Matty Ward signed on the 10th (not the 13th listed ingame) and came off the bench later that day https://www.extratime.com/fixtures/2023-presidents-cup/derry-city-v-shamrock-rovers/50100/3/lineups/

8. Playing against Shelbourne both teams will wear home kit

9. Derry have a third kit it is the light blue away kit from 2022. They wore it recently away to Sligo 

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Amended. Gave him a low-ish LB rating and an accomplished LWB rating.

2. Name amended.

3. You can add stadium expansions in the game. I have added this. One question, is there any indication what the new SEATED capacity will be in the Brandywell after this? I know the overall capacity is now 6,242, but the game also requires an updated seated capacity. The new stand seems to be accommodating terracing.

4. I have referred this to SI.

5. Both Porter and McCallion are with Harps in the game? I'm not sure why they're not showing up for you. I have updated Daithí's name to include the fada.

6. Can't update that now as he's not in the DB, not going to lose too much sleep over something that trivial if I'm being honest.

7. Updated both histories.

8/9. Added the blue kit back in, it was in the game last year but it was removed due to the yellow kit coming in. I didn't know that Derry City were going to use it again this season.

For McCallion and Porter I started my save on real world and they are still at Derry with no transfer planned. Maybe it has something to do with the loan starting too early for the game? Their loans were announced in December so maybe thats causing the problem.

For the stadium expansion I've found an article from the Derry Journal that says this

"According to planning documents the demolition of the northernmost section of the Southend Stand will result in the loss of 387 seats while the new North Terrace will add additional capacity of 2,940 (2,910 standing spaces and 30 wheelchairs spaces).

This will result in a net gain of 2,550 spectators almost doubling the capacity of the Brandywell from 3,689 to 6,239."

https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/brandywell-north-terrace-documents-show-ultimate-ambition-is-for-7408-capacity-stadium-4170987

Every other article says it will be safe standing which would mean it will count towards the seated capacity. I'm not sure what the current seated capacity is but it shoudn't be too difficult to work out.

Another issue I've found is Derry vs Dundalk will cause Derry to wear their away shirt at home. In the 4 times they've played this season Derry have wore their home kit (with black socks 3 times) and on Dundalk's 2nd visit to the Brandywell they wore their 3rd kit which is missing from the game.image.thumb.jpeg.823b8566e05aa7a8de8feb715c572d5a.jpeg

I've also not seen Derry's black goalkeeper kit.  image.jpeg.f6ab439cb4d0f0d7b030026db2c3c022.jpeg

Added those kits in.

Changed the setting now that if Derry City reach the group stages, their games should take place at Tallaght Stadium. You cannot edit this round by round, i.e how they played the 2nd round in the Brandywell and the third round in Tallaght this year. You can only do prelim (i.e qualifying rounds), main (group stages) and later (past group stage). I have changed "main" for Derry City to Tallaght Stadium.

Along with St. Pats, Dundalk, they've all played European games at Tallaght. Changed Bohs to the Aviva.

I just signed Cameron McJannett from Derry on my save and was shocked to see he was only 1.73m (which I didn't check before :rolleyes:)! From Google Images, he looks a lot closer to 6ft?

23 hours ago, gadzhalov_77 said:

I just signed Cameron McJannett from Derry on my save and was shocked to see he was only 1.73m (which I didn't check before :rolleyes:)! From Google Images, he looks a lot closer to 6ft?

So you got a little short-changed then? Only messing.

You're dead right.

2379568.jpg

Mark Connolly, the player to the right of the GK is 6'1, so McJannett is 6.0. I have updated it. Cheers.

I have just got to the 3rd qualifiying roud with Derry for the first time and the game has built the "Londonderry Community Arena" with 18,800 seats to play my 3rd round in. 

Something tells me this isn't correct. Not sure if you've already fixed this by adding Tallaght as the alternate but thought i'd say something anyway.

No, you haven't missed anything at all.

Any changes that are requested in this forum have come after the deadline for the beta/game launch.

These changes will follow in future updates.