• Cork City issues

ZombieOdin
    • Public Status: Open Save Game: Jim Driscoll - Cork City.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Note: This is using a "Your World" save.

- The link to Preston North End should be removed for FM24. This was based on the purchase option that Grovemoor (the owners of Preston) had for Cork City; when Dermot Usher bought the club that purchase option was removed.

-  Starting in January 2023, the assistant manager should be Richie Holland (he's currently acting first team manager in October 2023). Declan Coleman is a coach, not the assistant manager.

- Liam Buckley was signed as DOF end of April/beginning of May 2023; previously it was vacant.

- The "sign from domestic rivals" applied more when it was a member owned club under FORAS rather than under Usher; out of the transactions since he took over only 4 signings have been domestic (Owolabi, Drinan, Oran Crowe from a third tier team, and the Varian loan).

https://www.transfermarkt.com/cork-city-fc/transfers/verein/27774/plus/?saison_id=2023&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

https://www.transfermarkt.com/cork-city-fc/transfers/verein/27774/plus/?saison_id=2022&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

- Turner's Cross maximum capacity is 7365 (source at bottom, from Wayback Machine version of Cork City's website); currently listed in game as 7366 with 7365 seated and in use.

seating-plan-tx.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for the feedback.

In terms of reporting things, I'm not sure using the "Your World" game mode represents the best way to view the data in the game, as obviously not all transfers etc are accounted for. It seems regardless of it not including player transfers, manager/staff movement goes through regardless - hence why we have Richie Holland at Cork City as manager and not assistant and Dave Rogers gone from Finn Harps as well. This is not something I can change.

I have changed Declan Coleman's role from Assistant Manager to First Team Coach.

As the the link with Preston is reversed and has been made by an English researcher, I cannot alter it. I have asked one of the English members of staff to remove this link.

I'm not sure why that tendency came up for Dermot Usher as he currently has no fixed tendencies set, but I have added sign domestic based players and given him a rating of 7/20 for it.

I've amended Turners Cross capacity so that it's showing as 7,365 now.

Thank you for the clarification regarding staff. Richie Holland I think is still just acting manager through the end of the season (replacing Liam Buckley); there’s been no announcement of a permanent first team manager since Colin Healy was let go.

On 24/10/2023 at 13:45, ZombieOdin said:

Thank you for the clarification regarding staff. Richie Holland I think is still just acting manager through the end of the season (replacing Liam Buckley); there’s been no announcement of a permanent first team manager since Colin Healy was let go.

Hi ZombieOdin, RIchie Holland was announced head coach until end of season, its not interm but for the rest of the season back on September 28th via corkcityfc.ie and socials.

https://www.corkcityfc.ie/blogs/news/richie-holland-takes-charge-of-first-team

The main issue and tendancy to sign home based players is probably correct. Most of our signings came from abraod as all home based players were signed after everyone else was signed up by the time the takeover happened. The Usher takeover was official in January 2023 so Id probably hold on changing that but I agree it will be more of an international feel going forward but not drastic, we will still abide by a Cork based core. Yes we seem to have signed a great deal of players from abraod this season Sweden (3) Netherlands (1) Ukraine (1) UK (3) etc . Its probably our biggest ever year signing from abroad but that is because there has been nobody left domestically to sign. That should revert back for 2024. Thats just my opinion on it

Im going to check the stadium detail too, I actually edited it last season, I got those numbers from the club but Ill triple check as it may have been a typo. The map you are showing is an old map as the family enclsure moved to the Donie Forde a good few years ago now

EDIT: 6,939 is the actual seating capacity now apparantly but double checking as it was officially 7,383 but that seems alot of change for two small sections taken out.

Its a mind field online but the dugouts were moved in early 2023 but I believe the capacites were as follows: (* Awaiting 100% confirmation on new capacity of Derrynane)

1875 Donie Forde
    1128 Derrynane Road (This has changed)
    2720 St Annes End
    1660 Shed End (Curragh Road)

Edited by scotty-corkcityfc

2 hours ago, ZombieOdin said:

I’d argue that announcing that Holland is the manager for only the last half dozen matches is by definition an interim manager.

Possibly but is interim manager in place until a new manager is announced? Its a rolling job week to week? I could be wrong mind but as a Cork City fan Id consider Richie Holland our manager right now

Edited by scotty-corkcityfc

Given the fight they’ve shown under him vs Buckley or Healy, I’m hoping he still is the manager next year. Usher hasn’t said a word other than that he’s in charge of the first team until the end of the year though.

Vinnehh

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ZombieOdin said:

Two other minor issues:

- The nickname - The Rebel Army - seems to be missing at least based on the editor

- The team's standard hashtag is #CCFC84

Strange. Both of these are present in our editor.

The Rebel Army as the club's first nickname

The Leesiders as second

As is CCFC84 as the club hashtag.

Edited by Vinnehh

It’s not showing up in the Pregame Editor you can download from Steam; this might be more Editor bugs than database then (there seems to be a lot of them this year).

On 02/11/2023 at 17:25, scotty-corkcityfc said:

Possibly but is interim manager in place until a new manager is announced? Its a rolling job week to week? I could be wrong mind but as a Cork City fan Id consider Richie Holland our manager right now

The Independent is still referring to him as interim: https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/it-kills-a-lot-of-the-boys-but-maybe-not-all-of-them-holland-heartbroken-as-cork-city-digest-pain-of-another-relegation/a822262752.html