• Financial Situation Schalke 04

katze84
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Hi there. I already mentioned this issue in another thread. Zack Whyte now asked me to raise this here.

Yes, Schalke is in serious financial debt. Schalke has just published its financial figures for the first half of 2023. According to these figures, Schalke has a debt of around 165 million Euro. Here is an article about it (unfortunately, I could'nt find one in English).

According to current FM DB, Schalke has a loan of 183 million Euro plus roughly 100 million as a negative bank balance. The latter on leads to a financial restructuring shortly after the game starts and sometimes even to Schalke going into administration. All in all, the debt seems ~120 million Euro to high.

I think, that the DB should be updated. The 180,000 club member would appreciate it. ;)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi,

thanks for also logging this here.

You are absolutely correct, that was the reason Schalke's debt was kind of calculated double in the game. As mentioned in slightly more detail in the forum post below, this has been corrected for a future update.

As for the member count, that number was updated shortly after the data deadlock for the Early Access, but it will stand at 178,000 for the full-game release.

Greetings