• Gateshead FC Data Changes

Deano_NUFC
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

Hi there.

Just writing to inform of some incorrect data regarding Gateshead FC - having watched them on several occasions this season I can confirm Aidan Rutledge is around 6ft/6ft 1in and not 5ft 9in as listed in-game.

An issue relating to staff - Bernard McWilliams should be listed just as a director and not a technical director as is listed in-game. He heads the supporters' trust and Rob Elliot is very much the club's hands-on footballing technical director. 

Also, following Mike Williamson's departure to MK Dons (prior to the data lock), Carl Magnay is now a player/coach alongside Louis Storey.

Aside from this I am loving trying this years game with Gateshead and I am very much appreciative of all of the work from the researchers in non-league. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Regarding Aidan Rutledge, in a save I just started tonight he has seven finishing despite scoring over fifty league goals last season at Birtley Town. Overall his ability level feels quite apt, however I personally believe that Aidan's finishing should be in the low double figures to find a balance between showcasing his exceptional scoring record and to represent the level of competition at which the goals came in.ImageImage

• SI Staff

Lofthouse's loan is ineligible as it is a short-term loan. We have only included window-to-window loans from EFL clubs.

I'm sure you can sign him on loan if you need to.

17 hours ago, oogabooganlg said:

Regarding Aidan Rutledge, in a save I just started tonight he has seven finishing despite scoring over fifty league goals last season at Birtley Town. Overall his ability level feels quite apt, however I personally believe that Aidan's finishing should be in the low double figures to find a balance between showcasing his exceptional scoring record and to represent the level of competition at which the goals came in.

Having loaded in a few saves, it appears Rutledge's stats randomly generate. Which would probably mean none or very few of his induvial attributes have been completed in the database.

• SI Staff
    4 hours ago, DanRolls94 said:

Having loaded in a few saves, it appears Rutledge's stats randomly generate. Which would probably mean none or very few of his induvial attributes have been completed in the database.

Well yes, he's barely played any senior football at all. His attributes are set to generate based on his role, so that should make them generally fit his style.

2 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

Well yes, he's barely played any senior football at all. His attributes are set to generate based on his role, so that should make them generally fit his style.

Is there a time frame on when the attributes will be set to represent how Aidan plays in real life, would this be around full release or more towards the winter update?

I'm a season ticket holder and so I've seen him play several ties this season, with a few pre season outings too, so I'd be more than happy to help out with it if beneficial. 

5 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

Having seen him at Birtley a few times last year at a senior level and for Gateshead once this season, I'd probably recommend the below. This should give him a CA of 64, which is probably accurate as I feel Aiden is very likely a top end NLN striker/rotation NL striker with potential to be a top player at Gateshead.

rutledge.jpg

20 hours ago, DanRolls94 said:

Having seen him at Birtley a few times last year at a senior level and for Gateshead once this season, I'd probably recommend the below. This should give him a CA of 64, which is probably accurate as I feel Aiden is very likely a top end NLN striker/rotation NL striker with potential to be a top player at Gateshead.

rutledge.jpg

I think these attributes are very suitable as to how he plays.

Oli Thompson isn't in the database, he signed his professional contract with Gateshead back in June and made a few appearances last season, including at Wembley in the FA Trophy final. Thompson tends to play in the RW position, as a winger for us. 

A few changes for Gateshead that have transpired across the past few months:

- Luke Clark has joined the club as Head of Recruitment, having left Spennymoor Town, where he was working in the same capacity.

(https://gateshead-fc.com/luke-clark-appointed-as-head-of-recruitment/)

- Frazer Bell has joined as Physiotherapist, Frazer isn't currently in FM, but worked as part of Newcastle United's physio team within their academy for seven years.

(https://gateshead-fc.com/frazer-bell-joins-as-club-physiotherapist/)

- Will Constantin has joined the team in the summer of 2023, and is currently on dual registration with Ashington, having been on dual registration with West Auckland earlier in the season. Constantin plays as a wing back and in midfield, and has made two appearances in 2024 for Gateshead so far.

(https://gateshead-fc.com/players/will-constantin/#:~:text=Defender&text=The young defender joined the,on a dual-registration basis.)

- Lucas Lowery has debuted for the first team in January, having come through the youth ranks. Lowery is a rapid forward and spent last season on loan at West Allotment Celtic, where he still has dual registration.

- Simon Johnson no longer works for Gateshead as a first team analyst, leaving that role in June of last year, as per his LinkedIn page.

- As an alteration, I'd recommend amending Jordan Hunter to be at his best as a RWB, as opposed to a CDM and I'd suggest increasing Ed Francis and Kenton Richardson's leadership skills too. Francis is vice captain and has done very well in the role and Kenton is the club's third choice captain and has lead the side tremendously as captain during Francis and Olley's absences.

Edited by oogabooganlg