• Game still crashes in middle of matches

LET ME COOK
    • Public Status: Need More Info Save Game: Filip Radovanovic - Trebisov (v02) (v02).fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Refernce : 

I've followed every single stepped asked of me, no custom anything in the game files, i've tried lunching with low settings, i've tried repair, redownload but problem still occurs.
    If needed i can uplaod most recent save file, but with the one i've already included on the last post nothing's changed, so i'll just use the same one here, again if needed ill upload most recent one, but the problem didn't go away anyway.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

So I don't think it's to do with your save game itself, looks like this may reproduce on any save. 

Could I get you to try uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics drivers, ensuring it's the latest AMD version. 

I presume you played FM23? Was there ever any crashes similar to this? And do they exclusively happen in match, is it ever at the menus?

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/19454279766801-How-to-update-and-or-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-for-Football-Manager-

As for FM 23 it happend twice, and it happend exclusivly during staff search, but that was once in like what 20-30 seasons, in FM 24 it use to be exclusivly during the matches, but once it happend during the match i kinda got tilted and went on a holiday till after the match that crashed the game few days into the holiday game crashed, but that was once during the menu, as for drivers sure, i'll try to reinstall the newset AMD drivers, but due to it being 2 AM atm, i'll have to postpone it for tomorrow, hopefully tread can stay open or i can just open another one refrencing it back to this one if needed, thanks for your support so far.

• Administrators

No problem, yeah we'll keep this one open - apologies for closing the other, we just assumed it was due to custom files!

We'll be around if you don't have any luck after doing the drivers, just let us know. :)

Sorry for taking my time to get back to you, i've tried getting newset drivers avaible but it didn't help, afterwards i've reinstalled my operating system, went full nuclear, fresh system without a thing on it, things were looking much better and i wanted to finish the season to give you feedback, but unfortunatly, few months later it happend again, this time during a team talk, once i was done with it and pressed "Continue" boom, game closed, so problem persist even with nothing besides FM24 on my system(no antivirus or literally anything else besides Chrome has been installed), any advice suggestions, anything to fix this please...

@Kyle Brown Really don't want to be that guy as i understand there's much bigger problems occuring right now, but i might've been able to "locate" the problem, i'm far from experet on this stuff but, in the attached file i've uploaded log of my pc working during the game, watching the graph on the second monitor, while i'm in menus my graphic is bearly being utiliazed few % every now and then, the moment i go to team selecetion it goes from 0-100% utilization and keeps spiking like that in few second intervals it goes from 0-100 few times over, what i can tell you is that does not happen on any other game, i don't even know if this helps but i really wanna fix this, every game has few different resualts by the time i'm able to completly finish it.. problem started occuring much much more often.

Once again i completly understand there are people who have much bigger problem and that i'm probably in minorty if not only one(based on what i've read thus far) who has this problem, and i'm really greatfull for everything you guys have done by now.

20231020-163131.CSV

i'm having the same issue though not specifically in matches, although it has occurred there too. game just closes, no crash log, just disappears in the blink of an eye.

• Administrators
    8 hours ago, LET ME COOK said:

@Kyle Brown Really don't want to be that guy as i understand there's much bigger problems occuring right now, but i might've been able to "locate" the problem, i'm far from experet on this stuff but, in the attached file i've uploaded log of my pc working during the game, watching the graph on the second monitor, while i'm in menus my graphic is bearly being utiliazed few % every now and then, the moment i go to team selecetion it goes from 0-100% utilization and keeps spiking like that in few second intervals it goes from 0-100 few times over, what i can tell you is that does not happen on any other game, i don't even know if this helps but i really wanna fix this, every game has few different resualts by the time i'm able to completly finish it.. problem started occuring much much more often.

Once again i completly understand there are people who have much bigger problem and that i'm probably in minorty if not only one(based on what i've read thus far) who has this problem, and i'm really greatfull for everything you guys have done by now.

20231020-163131.CSV

I'm sorry it's taken a little longer to get back to you! Every crash is treated with the same priority - we want it fixed as soon as possible.

Could you try setting the following Steam launch options:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library

- Right-click on [Football Manager title] -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options

- Type this in the box: --config very_low

- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM through Steam

^ going to try this myself now. just had another mid-match crash to desktop with no error or anything, whilst 2 nil up against man city... 

- reloaded save, replay match... crash again. once again no crash log or error log.. game just disappears.

Edited by Mobius

• Administrators

Will tackle your issue on your own thread now Mobius, just noticed you created one, and leave this for the OP just so I can better keep track of what troubleshooting has been offered.

Okay, sorry i've left it for couple of days, but i wanted to test it all the way the best way i could, problem still persist, i've tried starting new save, problem occurs in the menus now, and i'm really not sure what to do, at this point i'm really down to stop playing the game.. i did try low settings lunch option, i've tried every single thing you told me and a lot more as you saw in pervious comments, problem is still there..

3 hours ago, LET ME COOK said:

Okay, sorry i've left it for couple of days, but i wanted to test it all the way the best way i could, problem still persist, i've tried starting new save, problem occurs in the menus now, and i'm really not sure what to do, at this point i'm really down to stop playing the game.. i did try low settings lunch option, i've tried every single thing you told me and a lot more as you saw in pervious comments, problem is still there..

Im having the same issue. Non provoked sudden crashes without crash error messages. It just closes to desktop. 4 times within the first 2 weeks of ingame time. It has happened from a match twice, inbox and player search once each. I too consider not playing until there is a bug fix for this. Yes its a beta and must be expected to have bugs but its still very annoying

• Administrators
    On 24/10/2023 at 10:53, LET ME COOK said:

Really sorry we haven't found a solution for you yet - is there anything appearing in your crash dumps folder? If so, could you attach it here?

C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\crash dumps

I feel like we are going in circles at this point, as i belive i already stated there's nothing in the folder.. i feel like we tried everything there is to try and that's about it, this issue is apperently gonna stay unresolved..

• Administrators

@LET ME COOKSorry for the lack of response thus far, we'd been investigating behind the scenes. Just want to check in and ask how things have been since the full launch update on Monday - have the crashes been more/less frequent?