• Game keeps crashing when attempting to progress past certain date.

basedluuk

Trying to progress through my save normally and the game just keeps crashing at the same date and time after I get the same set of emails of a staff signing confirmation. Tried to vacation past the date instead and the same thing happened. Attempted to clear cache and preferences file after contacting SI support and that did not work either.  Gave up entirely and started a new save but the same issue persisted. Crash log attached below. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yeah me to. My game keeps crashing at 10:th december 2026 in the game. Its an old save from FM23. Been playing for several days without any problems, but now siddenly I cant get past the 10:th without it crashing. 

Solved it. I had added the Korean League to the game. The game tried to add it att the 10:th of december. Sp I removed it, and the worked just fine. So the bug is when I try to add other leagues into my game, it crashes. 

3 hours ago, Yraen83 said:

Solved it. I had added the Korean League to the game. The game tried to add it att the 10:th of december. Sp I removed it, and the worked just fine. So the bug is when I try to add other leagues into my game, it crashes. 

I've tested this several other times and I still have spontaneous crashing issues when I have a single league loaded. Gave up on my main gaming pc and tried on my laptop and the game still crashes. Have no idea what it could be at this point. Is it my manager profile? No clue

• Administrators

Got this reproducing on our end so we've got it under investigation. Can only apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime but we'll look to resolve this as soon as we can. 

On 23/10/2023 at 18:50, Kyle Brown said:

Got this reproducing on our end so we've got it under investigation. Can only apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime but we'll look to resolve this as soon as we can. 

Think this might be the cause. I tested it out and immediately stopped having these crash issues once i switched away from the single libero

6 hours ago, thcorreia said:

my thread nobody did answer...still crashing at the same point over and over

do you happen to have a single libero in defense? that's what happened to me. i feel like theres some glitched player role combos that the game cant handle right now and its causing these crashes

My FM24 game keeps crashing on October 27, 2023 game date. I have restarted the game more than 10 times and the result is still the same, I have Uninstalled and Installed the game once and still crashes on the same game date October 27, 2023, just in my first season. SI help please..... I have also allowed the app in Controlled Folder Access and also allowed the Football Manager 2024 folder in the Controlled Folder Access.

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Edited by fernandodevera1

I am doing another save game now with only my Philippines database that I created. But this time I have remove the newgan facepack, and skin and logo. I will give you a feedback if my game did not crash and if I finished 1 season. but if my game still crashes. I will try to play the game as it is, without my database and try to see if it will still crash. just give me a couple of days to atleast try to finish 1 season of my database and hope that it won't crash again. Like I said, I have been creating my own Philippines database since FM18, FM19, FM20 and FM22. and I did not have any problems playing those games even I reached 10 seasons of game play in each versions. I really love my Philippines database, because it is the closest realization of my dream to have Filipinos love football and to have a reality of having the same setup of tournaments here in the Philippines as the one I have created. Thank you and I'll give you a feedback in a couple of days. Love your work guys.

Hi, I have started a new save game without any custom files, and the game still crashes. but I think I have found a bug. I think the problem comes in the Inbox. It doesn't matter what date the game date crashes, it just happens at the random game date when I click to open or read the Inbox that is the time the game crashes. In my new save game where it crashes after I open or click 1 item in the Inbox, the game always crashes then I reload the same game that crashes and I "mark the inbox all read", only then I was able to proceed to the next date or to continue to the following date. Then I loaded also the first save file that I have submitted to you, the one with Philippines database that I have created through pre-game editor with newgan facepack, and I tried the same thing which is  "Mark all item as read" then voila, the game proceeded to the next date without any problems. then I click all those 20 inbox items that I have mark as read 1 by 1, and 1 of those 20 items is triggering the crash. {the inbox item that triggers the crash in 1 of my save game is different as usual from the other inbox item that triggers the crash in my other save game.} but as per my observation, there is a needed fix in the inbox item. I will still continue to monitor.