• FM24 Not Launching Issue *Update 22/10/23*

Kyle Brown
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

As this forum shows, we've had a number of users encountering an issue when trying to launch FM24 for the first time. 

Rest assured we have as many hands on this as possible and we're working towards a solution.

At this point we have only seen it on PC, but do flag to us immediately if you're on Mac.

Could anyone who has encountered the issue please try the following:

LATEST *22/10/23*

We've had some users share some success by changing their compatibility settings. Could you please try the following and let us know how you get on:

Locate your Steam.exe app, by default you can find it here: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

If you can't see it, please make sure 'Show Hidden Items' is checked on the top 'Show/Hide' panel. 

Right click the Steam.exe app, select 'Properties' and then 'Compatibility'.

Uncheck any boxes that are ticked, select 'Apply' and then 'Okay'.

Now launch Steam via the .exe file (double click it), and attempt to launch FM24.

Please let us know whether these steps have helped or not and we'll continue investigating internally. 

Update *20/10/23*

Could we firstly ask that you try launching FM directly via the exe file. To do so, copy and paste this path into your file explorer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\fm

Failing that, can we please have what's called an environment variable file.

It might sound a little complicated but I assure you it's simple if you go step by step!

Windows 10: https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/machine-learning/oml4r/1.5.1/oread/creating-and-modifying-environment-variables-on-windows.html#GUID-DD6F9982-60D5-48F6-8270-A27EC53807D0

Windows 11: Settings > About > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > System Variables > New 

Once you've selected new, please name the variable " antitamperdiagnosis " with the variable " 1 ".

After the next start this will create a file called “antitamperdiagnosis.bin” on your desktop, please attach that here.

Update *19/10/23*

The location path of where you're trying to install FM24; ie; C:\Users\[name]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024

Your DxDiag filehttps://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997195057553-How-to-find-my-system-DxDiag-system-information-for-Football-Manager-support-

The 2 log files from Steam by going to c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs

• console_log.txt
    • content_log.txt

Simply enter "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs" in the File Explorer address bar and hit enter. You should be able to locate the two files above.

Please also ensure your Windows OS is fully up-to-date. You can do any outstanding updates by going to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update

We'll find a solution to this as soon as we can but please be patient.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

8 minutes ago, liamallenby09 said:

I have completeky reset my laptop back to factory settings and installed steam/fm24 again. this has got it working finally. hope this helps

Should we really have to do that to get a game working? That sounds so overkill.

1 minute ago, Kyle Brown said:

Has anyone else had success with reinstalling Steam? Could everyone try again, please?

I wouldn't suggest factory restoring your laptop, there's nothing to suggest that's a guaranteed fix I'm afraid.

I'll try reinstalling Steam again, will also try installing on another laptop. Will share results 👍

9 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

Has anyone else had success with reinstalling Steam? Could everyone try again, please?

I wouldn't suggest factory restoring your laptop, there's nothing to suggest that's a guaranteed fix I'm afraid.

No success uninstalling and reinstalling Steam for me I'm afraid. 

Oh yeah i forgot to mention for me it doesnt work on PC Windows 10 but on my Laptop Windows 11 it just works perfectly fine with the same settings that i have on my pc so same intall dircetory and same graphics 

@Kyle Brown

Looking at the Steam content logs, I can see that there is an exit code appearing as soon as the app is launching. Please see below.

App 2252570 is FM24

[2023-10-20 17:22:57] AppID 2252570 state changed : Fully Installed,App Running,
    [2023-10-20 17:23:03] AppID 2252570 no longer tracking PID 21204, exit code 1

And App 1904540 is FM23

[2023-10-20 17:29:13] AppID 1904540 state changed : Fully Installed,App Running,
    [2023-10-20 17:29:19] AppID 1904540 adding PID 15984 as a tracked process ""crash_reporter.exe" "C:\Users\Kiero\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\crash dumps" "\\.\pipe\BreakpadCrashServices\FootballManagerServer" "

I can see that when I click on FM24 to launch, it generates the same two lines each time, app runs then seconds later an exit code. Please see below the another couple of examples. 

[2023-10-20 17:38:49] AppID 2252570 state changed : Fully Installed,App Running,
    [2023-10-20 17:38:52] AppID 2252570 no longer tracking PID 20272, exit code 1

[2023-10-20 17:38:54] AppID 2252570 state changed : Fully Installed,App Running,
    [2023-10-20 17:38:57] AppID 2252570 no longer tracking PID 20020, exit code 1

Edited by ThisIsMyStory1874

• Administrators

Just an update for everyone:

Our teams have been working on this issue since yesterday evening but unfortunately we don't have a confirmed solution we can recommend just yet. This is affecting a small number of users, but we've treated this as our top priority since it was first brought to our attention. 

We sincerely apologise to the users this is affecting, it's not the way we wanted any of you to start your FM24 journey. 

The second we have any further updates to give you, we'll be back here with another response.

For any new users arriving here

Firstly, please uninstall & reinstall steam by following the link below:

https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/3C73-90F9-F600-0266

After doing so, please provide us with your environment variable file.

It might sound a little complicated but I assure you it's simple if you go step by step!

Windows 10https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/machine-learning/oml4r/1.5.1/oread/creating-and-modifying-environment-variables-on-windows.html#GUID-DD6F9982-60D5-48F6-8270-A27EC53807D0

Windows 11: Settings > About > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > System Variables > New 

Once you've selected new, please name the variable " antitamperdiagnosis " with the variable " 1 ".

After the next start this will create a file called “antitamperdiagnosis.bin” on your desktop, please attach that here.

2 horas atrás, Kyle Brown disse:

https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/3C73-90F9-F600-0266

No problems reinstalling Steam, but it did not fixed the problem. Still doesnt launch the game.