• FM won't launch in Steam

ThisIsMyStory1874
    • Public Status: Resolved Other: DxDiag.txt Files Uploaded: Other

Hi team,

FM will not launch in Steam, same issue as everyone else who has reported it is having. I have tried all the fixes you have suggested in the other threads.

FM23 can still launch, so it's not an issue with applications launching in Steam, it's just the FM24 game app which is failing to launch. 

DxDiag attached. 

DxDiag.txt

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Can we confirm the different troubleshoots you've tried, please? This way we can see if you have missed any out.

Also, as a test, can you try launching FM24 via Desktop with no internet connection, please?

Let us know how you get on, please? Thanks.

Hi Jimmy, I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the game and steam ac ouple of times each. I have actaully reinstalled FM about 5 or 6 times as well as verified game data each time. I have checked the AV firewalls to see if it was blocking either Steam or FM but both are allowed through AV firewall on Windows Defender. I have tried to change the location of the install to the D-Drive to see if it was the C-Drive causing issues. I have tried to run the game in compatibility mode, or at least tried using the compatibilty troubleshooter which reccomended a compatibility. I have tried to run the application from its install location as admin. Those are the troubleshoots I have tried at the top of my head, but no luck. 

I have tried to run the game in both offline mode on Steam and also on airplane mode with no internet connection available and still has the same issue. 

If there is anything else you would like me to try, please fire away. 

• Administrators

Can you please upload the following two files from c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs?

console_log.txt

content_log.txt

Simply enter "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs" in the File Explorer address bar and hit enter. You should be able to locate the two files above.