• Cannot open FM24 in fullscreen mode (only windowless bordered) on macOS

semiki
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

So, this has been an issue in previous editions as well, but I never got around to actually resolving it -- I'm not sure if it's a "bug" per se, but I'm not sure if it's intended behavior either.

I'm on macOS Sonoma, and when I start the game the game starts in "borderless windowed" mode as opposed to fullscreen. Essentially, it's a window without borders, so it "looks" fullscreen, but actually isn't. There is a better discussion on the differences between the two here.

While I can't really test it, I think it's leading to less-than-optimal resource use of my laptop, which affects FM performance and leads to lower FPS. How can I have FM24 open in actual fullscreen mode?

Things I've looked into:

- Checking Steam launch options to make sure something like the `-popupwindow` option isn't there that forces windowless bordered

- Adding `- fullscreen -` to launch options to force fullscreen mode, doesn't work

- Starting in windowed mode and then fullscreening via the green expand button on top left of the window -- also doesn't let me fullscreen, only make the window as large as the screen

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 12.50.24 PM.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments