• Auto Saves Affected by Leap Years

CTxCB
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I'm going to class this as a Technical issue, because I don't know where else this fits. I reported this last year, but I don't know if it was too late in the cycle to do anything about it. I've only tested this on Yearly and Monthly, but I'd assume its also a case with any amount of time, where a Leap Year Day falls between the Last Save Date and the Target Date. As an example, lets say that I want the game to save every year on June 10th, so most European Competitions are complete, and the UCL, UEL and UECL haven't reset yet. If my last Save Date was June 10th but between that date and June 10th in the next year, there's a Leap Day, Feb 29th, on Yearly, as an example, it seems to count 365 days, but doesn't factor in the Leap Day, so the save happens on June 9th and that becomes the new Target Date for saving. I was running an experiment where I had to go about 50 years on the future, and my Regular Save Date of June 10th, has slipped to, I think, May 31st, or a date close to that.

If the Save System does Auto Saves by counting days, the simplest way to fix this might be to write code that doesn't increment that counter if the In Game Date comes back as February 29th.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Do you have the link to last years thread? I can chase it up and see if there was any update on it. 

In any case, will make sure we get this investigated properly, but may not be an immediate fix as it's quite a niche issue!

53 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

Do you have the link to last years thread? I can chase it up and see if there was any update on it. 

In any case, will make sure we get this investigated properly, but may not be an immediate fix as it's quite a niche issue!

@Kyle Brown 

• Administrators

Ahh apologies, didn't remember it was also me that responded.

We do have an investigation open but there hasn't been any traction on it I'm afraid. 

If I'm fully transparent, it's unlikely to be something we'd resolve in FM24 with the host of changes planned for FM25. If I have any further updates to give in the interim I'll respond on this thread here.