• U21 team completely broken after promotion to Championship with South Shields

JJG12
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: Josh Gallagher - South Shields Files Uploaded: Save Game

I was asked if I wanted to create a U21 side after getting promoted to the Championship so I said yes. Ever since, regardless if I have an U21 manager or the setup of responsibilities, I cannot set a tactic for the team or use it whatsoever. 

Selecting tactic instantly flashes back to "No Primary Tactic Selected".

Looking around, some variation of this bug has been occuring for a couple of years, not really acceptable to be honest, entirely game breaking and it's mind boggling how it's still even in the game, what are you updating every year??

Completely delegating or taking control of the squad does not fix the issue and I'm now stuck with a defunct extra youth team.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Get promoted with team not having U21 side

2. Add U21 side when board asks after promotion.

I would love if someone has a way (legit or illegitimate) to remove the U21 side from my save file so I can continue, if not this is getting binned, completely unacceptable for a bug reported years prior to still be here.

image.thumb.png.18045d6ec38bbde2b7b201d26c9cc73c.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same issue from a thread last November that is set as resolved yet isn't.

I can also confirm that the steps posted in one of the last replies regarding taking control of individual training to be able to set a tactic does not work.

UPDATE: I run a 3 rolling save and tried loading them, main save in the first post is currently on 12th Oct and I signed the U21 manager on the 10th.

v02 -  (3rd Oct) - does not let me set tactic just like main save

v03 - (26 Sept) - Prompts me with blank tactic page, opportunity to load a tactic and appears to be working. I now have a formation on the U21 tactics page.

I can't remember anything notable happening between these dates so i'm not sure what, if anything might have triggered it.

I've added v02 and v03 to the cloud with the names "Josh Gallagher - South Shields (v02)" and "Josh Gallagher - South Shields (v03)"

Hello I have run into this issue now after 3 years of hard work to get promoted to League 1 and now I cannot edit tactics like the above issue. Appears to be an identical issue.