• B+ only from supporters and board? plus, unrealistic future expectations.

rallan88
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Richard Allan - Brighton10 Files Uploaded: Save Game

3rd season with Brighton. won europa, 4th in league, reached final of carabao (lost to liverpool, who won the league this year), and reached semis of FA cup.

both board and supporters are 'extremely disappointed' that i lost 3-0 to man city, who lost out on the title to 'pool on goal difference. can any team in the world, barring the very best, of which Brighton are not, consider a 3-0 loss to one of the best teams to have ever played football, 'extremely disappointing'? i've taken them the champs league for the first time in their history, and won europa ffs. if this isn't an A+ season for Brighton, i don't know what is. 

in real life, i think last season was something like A+ for them. i'm from Brighton and many people round here seem to think this is a golden age already--perhaps one that will be short lived, perhaps not. but i tell you what--if we won the europa this year, and secured 4th place, and reached the semis and finals of both domestic cups respectively, i suspect many would be having to dream up a new level of qualification with which to rate their season, a bit like how A*'s were introduced to recognise the very greatest of academic achievers.

and now the board are saying they want me to challenge for the title in 2 years. **** sake lads! barring utter capitulation from pool, city and chelsea, who all finished above me, plus never mind utd, tottenham, villa, newcastle, arsenal, west ham, all of whom pose a great threat in the league, i think it's very unlikely....

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, an ''A+ season'' is winning the league and all the cups you're in, A+ is for when you've hit the very top and are the best you can be. Fans can be upset at a defeat, the manor of a defeat etc. in isolation, that's fine as well.

Challenging for the league might be a bit harsh, but if you finish 4th with the extra income and drawing power then the board (especially if they're ambitious) will want you to keep progressing and pushing on.

We can look to see if we can do some fine tuning, but a board and fans will never being 100% happy, unless you go a season undefeated & win every competition you're in.