• Squad numbers locked/not working

Nørbæk
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Save Game: Issue with squad numbers Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

this was also an issue in FM23 and ruins quite a bit of the cosmetic fun for me.

It seems as though squad numbers are locked so I cannot redistribute my squad numbers.

example:

- Napoli season 3, 1 July 2025 I've just brought Brahim Diaz and want to assign squad number 11.
    - this isn't possible because another player already wears number 11 and did so last season.
    - but as this is the start of the season, I should be able to assign any number I want to Brahim Diaz.
    - so I can only assign vacant squad numbers.
    - another problem is that at no point I am asked to submit squad numbers for the whole squad so there's no way of stripping numbers from anyone unless I sell them

to reproduce in the attached same game:

1) Issue with locked squad numbers

- go to Inbox
    - go one news item down to "Four Signings Finalized"
    - press "Assign Squad Numbers"
    - notice how all squad numbers in use last season are locked.

2) Issue with no "please submit squad numbers" are prompted:

- run game until 17 August 2025 and see how I do not get the prompt to submit squadf numbers at any point (would typically happen prior to first official match).

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello @Nørbæk

I loaded up your save game, for me the inbox message allowing me to select new squad numbers for the season appeared on Aug 14th. 

This inbox message won't generate if you go on holiday past the date it appears, perhaps this is why you haven't spotted it?

Nørbæk

Posted

22 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @Nørbæk

I loaded up your save game, for me the inbox message allowing me to select new squad numbers for the season appeared on Aug 14th. 

This inbox message won't generate if you go on holiday past the date it appears, perhaps this is why you haven't spotted it?

That's is very strange. I didn't holiday past the date because I assumed the same thing. It did not appear for me.

Either way, issue 1 is still a problem.

Nørbæk

Posted (edited)

Hmmmm, I concede on issue 2.

You're right. Could've sworn that I didn't holiday past the date but I must've done so and just wondered why there never was a news item on the squad numbers that had been submitted by the AI (which I do find strange, but a minor issue).

Edited by Nørbæk