• Players' career statistics are being "erased/forgotten" after they transfer to a new club

Ikthop
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Save Game

Hello there overlords. :D

THE ISSUE:

Every time a player moves to a new club his 'All Time Career Appearances' and 'All Time Career Goals' fields/view ends up "forgetting" his cup and continental stats. I think it will be easier to understand if you look at the screenshots below.

This first screenshot displays which field/view I'm talking about:

NewcastleUnited_SeniorSquad.thumb.jpg.cbdadfa952a6f2d8bffd0d4d4a0e26bd.jpg

For our example let's take a look at Newcastle's Sean Longstaff's career statistics. On January 31st he has played 193 matches in his career:

NewcastleUnited_SeniorSquad-2.thumb.jpg.7d588028926fbf64732d2984ec49a09a.jpg

The very next day, 1st of February, he moves to Porto. The mentioned fields/view "forgets" the 7 cup/continental games he played for Newcastle. It should still display the same 193 matches played, but instead we see 186 (193 - 7):

FutebolClubedoPorto_SeniorSquad.thumb.jpg.55a153fc12ecdb8ab23126be94d7e359.jpg

This last screenshot shows the missing 7 cup/continental games:

SeanLongstaff_CareerStats.thumb.jpg.9f8c7da0ac380fa7906f6c7319d1f0f9.jpg

As you can see the game still tracks the statistics correctly, but the 'All Time Career Appearances' and 'All Time Career Goals' fields are not correctly displaying that information after a player changes clubs.

For some reason it is only displaying the Cup and Continental statistics of a player's current club, instead of adding everything together, including his Cup/Continental statistics of previous clubs he has played for.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE:

The issue happens with every single player in the game after they move to a new club, regardless of it being a loan or permanent move / the league being playable or not, etc. So all you have to do is look at a player's All Time Career statistics before and after a transfer to see the discrepancy. I can upload a save game file if needed, just let me know.

Thanks. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Would it be possible to get a feedback regarding this bug? I have reported it multiple times now, and I never got any feedback. :( So I don't know if it is a known issue, if it has been logged, being worked on, etc... any feedback would be appreciated.

• SI Staff

Our internal builds may function a little differently from how it works for players so would you be able to share with us a copy of your save file in which this is definitely happening. Ideally just before one such transfer is confirmed. A guide on how to share your file is available here: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

On 08/11/2023 at 03:14, Michael Sant said:

Our internal builds may function a little differently from how it works for players so would you be able to share with us a copy of your save file in which this is definitely happening. Ideally just before one such transfer is confirmed. A guide on how to share your file is available here: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Hi Michael.

I don't have the save file from the initial report anymore, but I created a new save to grab another example of the bug happening.

I uploaded a save file from the day before a transfer happens:

- The player in question is Leon Bailey
    - He transfers from Aston Villa to Brighton on loan.
    - Transfer date: 2024.01.18
    - I uploaded the save from 1 day before, meaning 2024.01.17

I also have a save file a little further back 2023.12.31 if you end up needing it. I also have a save one day after the transfer, 2023.01.19.

The save file name is: Statistics bug  - before transfer - 2024.01.17.fm

Some screenshots showing the bug:

This is Leon Bailey playing for Aston Villa. The date is 2024.01.17. He has played 243 career games.

image.thumb.jpeg.ae4216c091cb081b4da5c3f3972865b6.jpeg

This is Leon Bailey playing for Brighton. He just transferred the day before, 2024.01.18. He now has played only 239 games, instead of 243 from the day before. He is "missing" 4 games, 2 of those were UEFA Conference League games, and 2 Carabao Cup games. From what I noticed the bug happens for any kind of cup/continental games. It looks like the game is only pulling cup/continental games from a player's current club.

BrightonHoveAlbion_SeniorSquad.thumb.jpg.67911e8aa3f17b6c1b1dd4315e2d0454.jpg

Thanks for giving this a shot Michael. I really appreciate the effort. :)

• SI Staff

Thank you for coming back & providing a file. There's a good chunk of detail too so it will help the QA side in their investigation and review of the matter.