• All players lost their homegrown status

VoidVector
    • Public Status: Resolved Screenshot: Save Game: Diego Arancibia - Universitario, Diego Arancibia - Universitario (v02), Diego Arancibia - Universitario (v03), last save overwrite backup - U Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

I opened the game today post update, loaded my savegame and when I'm ready to play a match it says there are no homegrown players in my match squad. I then check my squad view and none of my players have the homegrown status. This includes players who came through my youth intakes, and nobody in my squad is seemingly going to gain it either, including players as young as 16 or 17. My own players, foreign players signed aged 18, players in my reserves and U18s, everyone just lost their homegrown status and whatever progress they had towards earning homegrown at club/nation is gone.

And it's not just my squad either. It's every single team in the whole continent of South America, as well as South American players abroad who were homegrown at a South American team/Nation. I checked European teams since the Premier League and the Champions League have homegrown registration rules, but it seems they're unaffected.

I will attach a series of screenshots to show the issue. I loaded a previous state of the savegame from the 3 rolling files, and same thing. I think the process of loading the save is making this happen, so I will keep the other one and the last save backup unopened and attach them all.

You can see the issue more clearly with the cases of Vinicius Junior and Julian Alvarez. Vinicius Junior kept his homegrown status as he's trained at Real Madrid, while Julian Alvarez lost his which is supposed to be trained at River Plate and Argentina.

I don't understand how this could happen or why it happeneded. I started this save before the update and as you can see I'm already a few years into the future.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello @VoidVector

The original issue that this thread was created for has been resolved.

You seem to be talking about something else.

So can you create a new thread and upload the editor file you are using along with a save game for us to take a look at, thank you.

@Zachary Whyte

I will create a new thread later.

May I ask what is the issue that was found and resolved? Because the issue I raised originally when the February 29th update came out and that I now show that hasn't been resolved is that players do not have their homegrown status in their information panel, and they're not considered homegrown by the game either when they gained it from nations outside of Europe and Japan. You can see the issue in the first set of screenshots of the original post of this thread, and you can see the exact same issue happening in the latest screenshot which is after the update that claims the homegrown issue was resolved.

I feel there must have been a case of miscommunication or misunderstanding at some point, so I want to have a clear picture of what is happening.