• Wrong kit when porting FM23 to FM24

Mike Wazowski
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

When porting over a FM23 save, the kits in the subs board at the bottom of the screen during a game use the old kits from last year, but the 3D match engine uses new kits. However in the match engine, numbers on back on shirt use FM23's colour rather than FM24, causing clashes. 

In the screenshot, last year Bath played in light and dark blue as their away kit, with white numbers and this year they play in yellow and blue away. The subs board at the bottom shows this blue and blue kit, and the 3D kit in the match engine uses white numbers rather than black which causes colour clashes. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I am also having this issue. I've attached a screenshot which shows Newcastle wearing their current away kit (green) in the 3D match engine but the substitutes bar shows last seasons away kit (dark blue). 

This also happens in the club information screen which shows the kits of a team. Green away kit shown but dark blue text box underneath.

I have attached a screenshot and also uploaded my file (file name Newcastle.fm uploaded 22:32 on 15/11/23) @Zachary Whyte :thup:

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 22.23.28.png

• SI Staff

Hello, do you have a save file from before this Leeds game took place?

Can we also ask if you've seen this when using the default skin, I'm wondering if this could be custom files related?

6 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, do you have a save file from before this Leeds game took place?

Can we also ask if you've seen this when using the default skin, I'm wondering if this could be custom files related?

I realised it is partly down to custom files therefore I have removed these and the ME and other ui elements all match up, although they all show last years kit colours rather than the current green away kit.

Is this meant to be the case that the FM23 imported saves would use the kit colours from that version (e.g. dark blue away kit of 22/23 rather than the green away kit of 23/24)? 

Would be good if there was an option to use the FM24 kit colours on an FM23 save if possible. 

• SI Staff

Thank you for the update.

Yes, it is currently the case that FM23 imported saves use the kit colours from that version.

This is something we currently have under review.

2 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for the update.

Yes, it is currently the case that FM23 imported saves use the kit colours from that version.

This is something we currently have under review.

Thanks for letting me know. Would be great if there was an option to use the updated kits on FM23 saves (and if this was compatible with saves already transferred). 

Not sure if @Mike Wazowski was having the same issue as me with custom kits or whether the issue remains.