• Shortlist gets wiped after I press "Save shortlist" button

gazoor
    • Public Status: Need More Info Screenshot: Save Game: Azrael - Tottenham.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

1. I created Own shortlist.

2. Added players to it.

3. Pressed "Save shortlist.." and... it got wiped out.

Any ideas?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Having the same issue!

The problem has arrived after the 24.2.1 db and happens when you try to save an existiant shortlist. All the players gets deleted.
    The only work around is to create a new name for the shortlist

Hope one of the moderators will investigate and fix this!

• SI Staff

Hello, @gazoor & @klaasjan

I am able to reproduce this issue with the saves you uploaded.

However, I'm not able to reproduce this issue we other save files I've tested.

It's possible this is a custom skin/file/database issue.

Can you try making a fresh save or removing your custom content and seeing if the issue remains?

Have you created a shortlist and saved it? Then opened a new save, added players to it and clicked 'Save Shortlist As' or Save Shortlist. It wipes out all players - I have no databases selected but got db's in the editor data folder. Using the Tato Skin.

Could it be an issue with .fmf files created in the beta and moved over to full game?

However, It was the same error when I should create a new shortlist of Set-Piece coaches - Once I saved the shortlist, all staff was removed so had to compile the shortlist again. The only way to get it to work is to click Save Shortlist As and write a unique name - impossible to overwrite an existing file

P.S. Still happened despite creating a new save for 24.3 db.

Edited by Passion4FM

@Zachary Whyte

Saved a shortlist to Publish on Steam - It got wiped out in the game - not sure if the shortlist contains any players here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3171643538

Same shortlist should contain 26Kb - like this one: https://www.mediafire.com/file/oiqsv7wdm2mktaf/FM24_Wonderkids_v2.3_by_Passion4FM.fmf/file

So when I save this shortlist by clicking the Publish to Steam button - all players gets removed

Edited by Passion4FM

I was going to post into this that I was having the same problem, but the problem went away after I tried in another save for some reason? I was using a skin, so I took the skin off and tried exporting, but it didn't work, Then switched to an old save I imported from 23 and tried saving it as a different name than the existing shortlist, and that worked. Then went back to the save I was having problems with, and tried saving a shortlist with a new name, and it worked. Was able to reimport as well. However, tried to save again, and it cleared it.

In conclusion, seems it's only possible to save a shortlist to a completely new file name. DO NOT name the export the same as the shortlist was named in game. That seems to be what breaks it, since I tried again with my skin and it worked again.