• Second team

zoaghouweel
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: andries van het hoge - Ulm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Hi, 

i came across a bug that is in FM for a couple of years now and i think it is finally time to fix it. I started a save with SSV Ulm in the 3. liga and at the start i didn't had a second team. I did however had an U19 team. After promotion the board asked me if i was interessed in a second team, Ulm II. As in the previous FM-games, the second team started as an semi-pro club, Ulm is a pro club, straight from the start of the save. Nothing to do with me or the board, it was already there. 

Because Ulm II is semi-pro, i can't hire a manager or trainers on a full time contract, which scares away anyone with any potential. I also can't bring out an add to attract a manager or other staff. 

I think it is weird that the second team of a pro-club starts at a semi-pro level with no option to ask the board to go pro with the second team. It does not make any sense because with the current set up, the second team is no use to me AND because there is no staff, i have to play the matches as manager for the second team as well. 

I'll upload my savefile with my name and Ulm in the description. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

adding this: it absolutely baffles me every time when i offer an semi-pro contract to a staff employee for 2 or 3 times the money they are on with a full time contract, they turn me down. 2 or 3 times the money for half (?? at least less work than full) time. I don't get that. Surely that is broken or needs an improvement. If my employer offer me 3 time the money for more time of work, i would not doubt it for a second. 

Edited by zoaghouweel

Thank you @zoaghouweel for bringing this up, I have the exact same issue in FM23. I was going to buy FM24 now as I assumed this would have been fixed, but I'll just wait for now then. I'm managing Bayer 04 Leverkusen in FM23, and it makes no sense that a top European club with state of the art youth facilities would train some of the world's best wonderkids in a part-time II team. I actually assumed that this problem would be solved after a couple of seasons, when the II team gets promoted to 3. Liga, but I'm now quite convinced that there is a bug that prevents that promotion as well. My II team should have been promoted by now in my opinion, judging by the standard of players alone. Also, looking at the players' stats, in more or less every II team match the outfield players score more goals than the goalkeepers concede (even if the actual results for the matches in the Regional Div. West league where the II team plays can't be seen). So, I've now spent hundreds of hours trying to build something that then turns out to be impossible to achieve because of these bugs. @Michael Sant (or anyone else at SI), I'm happy to provide more information, or a FM23 save, if it helps. Otherwise I'll just follow this thread and buy FM24 when the "Public Status" is changed to "Resolved". Thank you!