• Player Search - The Chalkboard!! :(

RDF Tactics
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

Using the Chalkboard in Player Search isn't really user-friendly. It doesn't provide much flexibility when adding conditions and it really holds some players back who like to play Football Manager using the data in the game. Some of the metrics when searching are whole numbers rather than decimals. Some just don't provide any flexibility - I think they all (other than searching xG per 90 and xA per 90, they work perfectly as you can search 0.10, 0.20, 0.30 etc...) can be looked at and changed and give us more flexibility when searching for players in this way. 

The game does great giving an insight into what happens IRL. The data approach is really popular too IRL, and becoming a popular way to approach signings in FM. But this issue does make it a struggle.

This for example is xG per shot. There’s not a single player with 1 xG per shot but you can only search by whole numbers. So searching by xG per shot is already dead as every player would be in between 0 and 1.

Screenshot2023-11-01170355.thumb.png.569d8ed9fd236e22d6485e76748511de.png

Dribbles is another. For example, you can search 0.5 or 1.0 - sometimes it leads to either too many players popping up on your search when you do 0.5 or very little popping up when you search for 1.0. In many positions, the average is somewhere in between which can make searching awkward.

image.thumb.png.180f4d8b6e246fc952f0af82f64fd0de.png

Passes completed per 90. You can only search for 10.00 or 20.00 but not in between. Again, this makes the search really awkward and really difficult to approach saves using data.

image.thumb.png.27353c269f8b46d857ad448d3b3b47c4.png

Expected save % doesn't work at all. 

image.thumb.png.df98e919310fdd93ee50005f7aa1ad51.png

I have also raised this issue in FM23, too. Really wanted it to be looked at and sorted for full release as many are interested in this sort of stuff but it's difficult to share ideas and create content (I know that sounds incredibly selfish but I just think it's a really cool thing in FM that also allows people to approach the game realistically for their data or Moneyball approach).

User Feedback

Recommended Comments