• how to remove black and white text to correct team colors in match commentary text?

Zeenan
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

so it seems like this year every team when playing matches the games commentary text will always be correct team color background but the text (foreground color) will be either white or black even though ive changed in pre game editor the foreground colors for many teams, no green, purple, yellow, red, blue etc will be seen in matches in the commentary text .  is there a way to change this to classical colors like it has always been before for many years?? so for example Galatasaray should have red background and yellow foreground in text but will appear red and white in matches and also flashing red and white when a goal is scored which totally feels wrong and not Galatasaray at all and this goes for almost every team, so please if theres any solutions to this it would be much appreciated and i can go on with my Scunthorpe save which i started yesterday after one week of preperations with skin, graphics, editor etc

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

6 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, do you have "Use plain colours for commentary text" enabled in Preferences?

No I dont, the issue i think is the new feature fm 24 has for the match commentary text and it uses white and black text depending on background contrast..

I have changed in pre game editor a lot of teams colours , both background and foreground and the game reads it correctly and that works fine, but the match commentary text wont read the foreground colour as i want it to be and pre game editor doesnt do the job as it has done before for many years.

is there a fix for this? i really want all the teams in match commentary text to have correct foreground colour and not just white and black

gsfm24.png

Same here, and more importantly, for everyone. And it's totally shameful and makes no sense. Takes away the match experiance completely.

@Zeenan SI already knows about this so the question about "plain colours" is quite funny. They said in another thread a month ago that they aperantly don't have time do anything about it through some requests from individuals. So hopefully more gamers will highlight this maybe something will happen

2 hours ago, groning89 said:

Same here, and more importantly, for everyone. And it's totally shameful and makes no sense. Takes away the match experiance completely.

@Zeenan SI already knows about this so the question about "plain colours" is quite funny. They said in another thread a month ago that they aperantly don't have time do anything about it through some requests from individuals. So hopefully more gamers will highlight this maybe something will happen

yes completely agree it does not make sense after playing this game for more then 20 years to have this sudden change with no option in preferences..tremendous amounts of teams are affected by this and have wrong combined colours in match commentary..completely ruins match experience and the flashing text when a goal is scored, especially for those who only watch with commentary and maybe 2d. 

I started playing FM 24 4 days ago and currently stuck with my save after my first friendly because of this issue and im suprised that this havent been talked about more by the fm community and that probably none of the skins available out there hasnt taken care of this match commentary thing (ive tried many different skins) 

hopefully SI will give us the solution or give us an update to the game and make it optional very soon..it cant be that difficult right to have 20 plus years of same match commentary colouring to put it back or tell us how to do it??

On 12/12/2023 at 18:49, Zeenan said:

yes completely agree it does not make sense after playing this game for more then 20 years to have this sudden change with no option in preferences..tremendous amounts of teams are affected by this and have wrong combined colours in match commentary..completely ruins match experience and the flashing text when a goal is scored, especially for those who only watch with commentary and maybe 2d. 

I started playing FM 24 4 days ago and currently stuck with my save after my first friendly because of this issue and im suprised that this havent been talked about more by the fm community and that probably none of the skins available out there hasnt taken care of this match commentary thing (ive tried many different skins) 

hopefully SI will give us the solution or give us an update to the game and make it optional very soon..it cant be that difficult right to have 20 plus years of same match commentary colouring to put it back or tell us how to do it??

Have you come across any solution since your last post? I completely agree with everything you’ve said but haven’t been able to work a way to fix.

On 07/01/2024 at 20:32, D67 said:

Have you come across any solution since your last post? I completely agree with everything you’ve said but haven’t been able to work a way to fix.

Unfortunately not, tried alot of things a couple of weeks ago but no succes...so currently waiting for SI to hopefully give us the option in a update soon or simply just answer and give us a solution or tell where the file is or even if its hardcoded

Dont think anybody has a solution for this , atleast the ones with english language forums around the internet, maybe in some other forums with other languages has a solution but dont know