• fake player uses real player ID

w44643233
    • Public Status: Known Issue Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

The U18 fake player randomly used the ID of the real player, causing the fake player to appear with photo faces corresponding to the real player.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

在 2023/10/31 在 AM8点50分, Kyle Brown说:

We're aware of this issue and have it under investigation, thank you. 

The issue of the official version remains

QQ20231107021512.thumb.png.424882ee771970615459ce51ad77468b.png

• Why hasn't the issue of the official version been solved

On 31/10/2023 at 00:50, Kyle Brown said:

How do the implications of this bug extend beyond player pictures? If regens assume IDs of players that are still active in a save, how do the two players remain separate entities? It's bad enough seeing player faces assigned to regens, but I'm concerned how this will effect the stability of a mid to long-term save.

From where I'm standing, this has the potential to be an incredibly game-breaking bug and should be at the top of the priority list, yet it has been entirely glossed over in SI's most recent apology: 

21 分钟前, Evgeni Angelov说:

How do the implications of this bug extend beyond player pictures? If regens assume IDs of players that are still active in a save, how do the two players remain separate entities? It's bad enough seeing player faces assigned to regens, but I'm concerned how this will effect the stability of a mid to long-term save.

From where I'm standing, this has the potential to be an incredibly game-breaking bug and should be at the top of the priority list, yet it has been entirely glossed over in SI's most recent apology: 

Very disappointed, but I hope this problem can be solved if the database is updated. I think just changing the initial ID of the fake player can solve this problem.

14 minutes ago, w44643233 said:

Very disappointed, but I hope this problem can be solved if the database is updated. I think just changing the initial ID of the fake player can solve this problem.

I wonder if they're recycling IDs to reduce db size and improve processing speed between days. Nevertheless, this has the potential to be a pretty nasty bug and worst of all, any pre-existing saves will likely need to be restarted once a fix is finally rolled out. Almost feels like it isn't worth investing time into a proper manager career, which is a travesty for a 'fully released' game...

3 分钟前, Evgeni Angelov说:

I wonder if they're recycling IDs to reduce db size and improve processing speed between days. Nevertheless, this has the potential to be a pretty nasty bug and worst of all, any pre-existing saves will likely need to be restarted once a fix is finally rolled out. Almost feels like it isn't worth investing time into a proper manager career, which is a travesty for a 'fully released' game...

I've also seen a lot of people discussing the bug where player data isn't being displayed correctly. But I have never had this problem from the beta version to the official version, and I don’t know if it is caused by different skins.

Why hasn't this been fixed?! Shouldn't such a serious problem be a priority?