• Black text in commentary

laving_39
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Something is off with the commentary text colors. Arsenal gets black text. All white dressed teams I've come across gets black text. It also seems like black and white are the only text colors that can be shown. 

image832.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have the same issue as you with Eastbourne Borough. Even after editing kits & text colours multiple times. It's black on red, should be white on red.

• SI Staff

Hello, this is a change made as part of an Accessibility feature. As such, all commentary text will be white or black during matches.

It is based off the contrast level of the background, so there are a few cases where the text colour does not seem like it matches the club's "main colours" - however, the white border around the commentary bar is white (which is a correct database colour for Arsenal)

Thanks for clarifying. For what it's worth using this example I actually find the black on this contrast of red a lot harder to read than if it was white. Maybe it is right on the limit.

9 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, this is a change made as part of an Accessibility feature. As such, all commentary text will be white or black during matches.

It is based off the contrast level of the background, so there are a few cases where the text colour does not seem like it matches the club's "main colours" - however, the white border around the commentary bar is white (which is a correct database colour for Arsenal)

So we're just gonna screw over all those people who has perfect eyes? Why in the name of god am I not allowed the option to show the teams actual colors? Great feature for those who needs it. Absolutely brutal for me. 

Does anyone know if there is a skin that fixes this? Or can anyone tell me how I create a skin myself to fix this? My eyes hurts because of this feature.

Also looking for a fix for this, if one exists. Appreciate the need for accessibility reasons, but there should be an option to switch back to the classic team colors for commentary text

this needs to be fixed to the classical text with the colours you edit/prefer in the pre game editor, at least give us the option..i spend alot of time fixing the correct colours for many teams in pre game editor and to see in my first save and game that it has only white and black text and also not flashing in correct colours when goals are scored is a big no no for me and probably for alot of others..really ruins the match game experience since i only play in commentary. im really and desperately hoping it can be fixed in some way?? 

Jesus, I've been looking everywhere... I thought I was the only one, at least I'm not and at least I got the answer in this thread though it's really dissapointing.

I thought at first: "wow, a third club text colour (outline), finally!" The ONLY reason I buying IGE every single year is JUST for changing the club text colour because I think it increases the match experience massively. But instead at this years edition it apparently gets so much worse than previous years, incredible..

The color blind option is already there in the settings!? It makes no sense what so ever that the majority of us gamers is forced to suffer for this. "A few cases where the text colour does not seem like it matches the club's main colours", yeah right... This is a really bad one SI. 

Maybe there is a way to fix this in the panels in the skin folder or something? I would be so grateful if someone out there have a solution for this. PLEASE!

Edited by groning89

On 15/11/2023 at 19:12, Zachary Whyte said:

I do agree, but we wouldn't have the time to change this on a individual case by case basis. 

Would it be possible for you guys to to give us the option to have the classical match commentary text colours in settings/preferences? Maybe in a update in a very near future :) ive tried to solve this issue by myself but without succes :/