• Extra game on the Argentinian League

MatiasDFS
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

For the first half of the year (from january to june) the argentinian league (28 teams) divides into two 14 teams groups, and youre supposed to play 13 games, one against each team, but instead you play 14, with one extra game against a random team you already played with, tested on many saves. The steps to reproduce it are just starting a save with an argentinian team, pick january as the starting date, wait for the draw and check the calendar.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hi, thanks for raising the issue.

I've tried it here and can't reproduce it myself. Is there any chance you have a save to send our way so we can investigate it further. 

Instructions on how to do so are linked below.

Thanks,

Joth

Hi Joth, i uploaded it to the cloud as 'extragame.fms'. As you will see im currently playing the Group B and i already played River Plate but my last game is against them again, guess that save is enough but let me know if you need anything else, thanks.

• SI Staff

Thanks for flagging this one. I've looked into it and it seems this is correct as per the format for 2023 (4th edition).

For the group stage, the 28 teams were drawn into two groups of fourteen teams each, playing on a single round robin basis. Additionally, each team will play one interzonal match against its rival team in the other zone. In each group, the top four teams will advance to the quarter-finals. The final stages (quarter-finals, semi-finals and final) will be played on a single-legged basis.

However, looking at the save it seems River are in the same zone so this is something we will look into

yeah youre right, we played it last year irl, not this year (awful format, awful organization), but it would be needed for the game to recognize your derby or "clasico" to set this up, and it would be harder as the save goes on and the league keeps changing teams, or for example if river and boca are in the same zone (which happens) it would be impossible as the game has to be interzonal. So with all this my suggestion is playing the team on your same position on the other zone after game 13? not sure if thats doable, and it isnt too faithful with the real format, but i think its the best way other than just removing the game 14 at all, cause now it feels a bit odd to just play a random team in your own zone twice, specially when you got River and the team youre fighting for the title with gets some random at the bottom of the table.

• SI Staff

That's really useful feedback and some great suggestions. Agree that playing a team in the same zone doesn't feel right! I've raised this issue and the team we take a look at potential solutions.

Thanks again!