• Game resets to new

Pete1234
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I have an issue where the game repeatedly thinks I'm playing it for the first time. Happens to me about once every other day - it will check my device for which match engine to use, reset all my preferences and achievements, and offer the "help" tips etc. I have a paid, updated copy of the game and haven't deleted the cache etc. I have not signed into Google Play Games if that is relevant. 

It might be a setting on my phone I am missing but the setup is identical to last year's game. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 18/01/2022 at 22:10, Desmond Richardson said:

Hi Pete, apologises that this hasn't been attended to as of yet. Can you confirm if this is still happening?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is still happening.

13 hours ago, Jotham Taylor said:

Hi Pete. 

May I ask the device and operating system you are using?

Thanks, 

Joth

Thanks Joth. It's a Samsung Galaxy M31 operating on the latest Android.

• SI Staff

Do you have any apps on your your phone that may be interfering with the game files specifically the Cache folder?

System cleaners

Antivirus software

file managers

or any other software that regularly interacts with storage device, such as an automated backup service?

On 28/02/2022 at 22:01, James Akintayo said:

Do you have any apps on your your phone that may be interfering with the game files specifically the Cache folder?

System cleaners

Antivirus software

file managers

or any other software that regularly interacts with storage device, such as an automated backup service?

Thanks - I will have a look into that. Appreciate the response.

On 28/02/2022 at 22:01, James Akintayo said:

System cleaners

Antivirus software

file managers

Hi - I have checked thoroughly and it doesn't appear to be any of those. Do you have any further suggestions?

• SI Staff

Hello @Pete1234. Could you try uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it again? After you do that, when you are running the game for the first time, when it asks you to select a location for the game files to be stored, make sure that you select a different location from the one you used with the previous installation.