• DOF - Squad Building issue ?

XxXThund3rXxX
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Hi team,

I was giving the DOF challenge a new try to have somehow a realistic Gameplay.

What do I mean?

DOF is responsible for buying players, sell players (I only list players, which he advice to list) and perform contract negotiations.

And I will work with the Squad he is building.

Issue:

I only reached August 2024 and he already failed to build Squad which fulfills the Champions League registrations rules.

Which makes this save somehow useless as I have to tell to 6 Players: Sorry, you can't join CL

He did very nice transfers, but he basically sold HGN players,  not pushed any talents from B Team / U19 in his plannings.

Actually he even sold a HGN player, just to buy a backup foreign player (and he will ask on deadline day to transfer list another HGN player)

Other issues I noticed:

- board was very unhappy, that we did not sign U23 players for the first team last year (note: DOF is in charge to buy players and was not respecting this club vision)

- I played one season with only one Right Back, as he was thinking one is enough?! :D  

(I am not sure what he actually try to build,  4DLP, 2 Advanced Playmaker)

It sounds like a Bug to me, as I would expect that he will take care of registration rules and build a squad which fulfill the registration rules. (and plan upcoming prospects or at least ask me to list players for loans / transfers, which he maybe has replaced in his head)

The same I would expect from AI managers.

Please let me know if you need more details.

I have a save before deadline day and after deadline day. 

image.thumb.png.d6f6bc1b49fb8a1fe0d5407887ca2c63.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hey @XxXThund3rXxX can you provide your save game file and we'll take a look into this a bit further - could be a tricky one to investigate as squad building is quite a long term and selecting players to bring through from the development squads is still something that rests on you as manager of the team. A guide on how to upload this is available here: How to upload files to us - Instructions and Notes - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

Hi @Michael Sant,

Thanks a lot for your message.

I have uploaded my save with the name "DOF_Squad_Building"

That's my oldest Backup save. I hope that will work for you.

Savegame is from 23th August 2024.

Deadline day: 2nd of September

CL Registration: 3rd of September

I played it multiple times and the results are slighty changing.

However in the end it`s always the same result that the DOF kind of forgot about CL registration rules and I have to tell 6 players that they can`t join :D 

What is / can happening  until 3rd of September:

25th August: Scouting meeting (only inside forward is highligted - even I would have expected a striker :) )
    26tgh August: Weekly stuff meeting -> DOF want place Milton Valenzuela on the loan list. (That's good, because we have 3 Left backs)

(not always happening: Offer for Frank Beltran will come in and will be rejected -> what is strange, he buyed another DLP as key player and we still have Arne Maier as HGN player as backup, but makes sense for me to hold him)

31th August: Transfer offer for Mitlon Valenzuela will be rejected (which I can only understand as there is interest in Ramy Bensebaïni, however we still have 3 Left Defenders ;)

02th September Deadline day: Weekly stuff meeting: he will ask to put someone on the loan list (in my first try it was HGN player Jastrzembski, in another try he asked to put Lucas Tousart on the loan list)
    02th of September: Offer for Nlundu will be accepted but he will reject the contracts
    02th of September: Just Diehl will join
    3rd of September: CL registration kicks in. I have to tell 6 players that they can`t join us in CL stage,

What I don`t fully understand: 
    - He is not trying to get rid of players like Matthäus Taferner, Matheus Henrique (which he only buyed on season ago), but for me it looks like he replaced them already with new players

- Unfortunately this was happening before the save: He sold Marton Dardai (HGN player) , just to bring in another Central Defender

Maybe there is some small bug, where DOF forget that we play in CL and we need HGN players?

Otherwise I have no explanation that he is not even trying to get rid of his "unwanted" players.

Much appreciated into looking into that.

I had fun with this kind of DOF challenge, but now it`s time to start a new game and to be in charge of transfers.

Thanks a lot!