• Pre-game editor crash when switching between files

XaW
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I've managed to consistently get this to happen. Just have 2 different files to load and follow the steps to reproduce.

I'm guessing the editor tries to search the same thing on the new editor file, but then doesn't know how to do so since the view has changed. And then trying to stop it crashes the whole editor. Uploaded an example of a dmp-file to this issue.

A work around is to just don't be on the "database" screen when changing files, so it's not a horrible crash.

Editor 2022 v22.1.0.1615712 (2021.11.12 09.35.21).dmp

• Steps To Reproduce:
      1. Load up the database
      2. Load in an editor file
      3. Go into database-> clubs and search for something that gives a few clubs
      4. In the menu, load the database and press "Yes" in the popup
      5. Then a box with "Searching" will appear, but it just stays like that
      6. Press "Cancel" and then the crash happens.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

4 minutes ago, Abdullah Patel said:

Please can we get the cache files as well as what platform you are on?

I use Win10, but I'm not sure what you mean by cache files?

• Administrators

Circling back to this as despite some testing it was never one we were ever get to reproduce but we don't want to leave it behind as we begin work on the next cycle. 

On the off chance you see this post again, could you let us know if you still experience this issue on the latest updates? If so, can you let us know whether this was via Steam, MS Store, Gamepass, etc? 

3 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Circling back to this as despite some testing it was never one we were ever get to reproduce but we don't want to leave it behind as we begin work on the next cycle. 

On the off chance you see this post again, could you let us know if you still experience this issue on the latest updates? If so, can you let us know whether this was via Steam, MS Store, Gamepass, etc? 

I had just about forgot about this issue, since I worked around it by making sure I didn't have the database up when I essentially discarded all recent changes. I had a go at retesting it now, and I can't seem to be able to reproduce it in 22.4. I reported this issue at 22.1, so I think some other change has fixed this issue as well. I doubt this is a common error, but I had it a few times when I screwed up my database and had to revert to a previous save, so I experienced it a few times in a row when testing out some changes that screwed up what I wanted to do.

So you can certainly close off this issue as fixed. If I am to rediscover it or anything resembling it, I'll make sure to post another issue and try to refer back to this.

Thanks