• FM22 Beta crashing on macOS Monterey 12.0.1

mdriver11
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I've had a few instances where my game is crashing during a match after updating to MacOS Montery 12.0.1. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Hi, are you on an Intel Mac or M1 Mac? 

Are you encountering a report bug dialog when the game crashes? If so can you ensure you press Send on the dialiog that comes up? 

21 hours ago, Lucas said:

Hi, are you on an Intel Mac or M1 Mac? 

Are you encountering a report bug dialog when the game crashes? If so can you ensure you press Send on the dialiog that comes up? 

Hi Lucas, I’m on an Intel Mac 2020.

Nope, the game crashes and sends me back to the log in screen, I then have to reload the game in its entirety.

Thanks for your help!

• Administrators
    3 hours ago, mdriver11 said:

sends me back to the log in screen

I'm sorry, which screen do you mean? Are you able to provide screenshots of your issue as it is happens at each step?

I think i might be experiencing the same issue. 

The game just stalls, normally during loading time from one day to the next, then crashes and restarts my MacBook Air to the point where i have to log back into my computer and restart steam. 

This happens almost every time i try and play the game. 

I've been playing FM20, via Epic, for the past year or so and never had a performance issue with my laptop. I'm using the intel chip MacBook Air which is about a year old. 

Would be great for this to be fixed since i paid AUD60 for a game i can't play

• SI Staff

Sorry to hear you're also suffering an issue on this front @ryanwinslade1985 as it could be a separate issue you're experiencing would you kindly create a thread so that we can try to troubleshoot it specifically in the steps you're going through.

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

I'm sorry, which screen do you mean? Are you able to provide screenshots of your issue as it is happens at each step?

Hi Lucas,

My issue is exactly how Ryan described it, sorry I wasn't more clear!

Thanks!

I've had the same thing happen to me on FM2021 today.  Mid-match the game freezes then drops me right back to the login screen of iOS.  Running Monterey 12.0.1 on an i3 Intel MacBook Air. No errors or messages, just completely freezes followed by 3-4 seconds of a black screen.  Tried the match 4 times now and the same occurs, no obvious cause or point in the game.

It doesn't reboot my machine but does take me straight back to my login profile screen.

I think it's  maybe an iOS issue rather than FM; my browser windows all close and need restored too but FM seems to be the only thing that triggers it.  Updated to 12.0.1 2 or 3 days ago, prior to that I've been playing this save for about a year with no incident at all.

Playing through Steam.

Edited by lolrabbits

• Administrators
    6 hours ago, lolrabbits said:

I've had the same thing happen to me on FM2021 today.  Mid-match the game freezes then drops me right back to the login screen of iOS.  Running Monterey 12.0.1 on an i3 Intel MacBook Air. No errors or messages, just completely freezes followed by 3-4 seconds of a black screen.  Tried the match 4 times now and the same occurs, no obvious cause or point in the game.

It doesn't reboot my machine but does take me straight back to my login profile screen.

I think it's  maybe an iOS issue rather than FM; my browser windows all close and need restored too but FM seems to be the only thing that triggers it.  Updated to 12.0.1 2 or 3 days ago, prior to that I've been playing this save for about a year with no incident at all.

Playing through Steam.

Appreciate you're trying to help but would really need to raise your own specific issue as these may not be related, especially as it's for FM21. You would need to contact our support team here - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360003117678

Thanks. 

This is now closed for further comments