• Click, Scroll, Shift and Click not working

TomCampbe11
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

On the Youth Intake page... when I want to select multiple, by clicking the first player, scrolling, holding shift and clicking another player... the first highlighted player jumps to random places. Only the 'command+A' function works - but obviously selects too many players.

I have attached a video to demonstrate what I mean.

System:
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
    Monterey 12.1 (although the issue has been apparent since FM22 was released)

Happens on all skins I've tried.

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Go to Youth Intake page. Select top player, scroll down, hold shift, select another player. The initially selected player then jumps and deselects a random amount of the initially selected players.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for getting back to me and taking the time to investigate. A friend has also said that this is happening to him every time, as well. I was concerned it may be me catching the touch pad, as I scrolled... but I've also tried it with and without a mouse.

Also, whilst on this subject... We used to be able to filter this by month (rather than just year)... re adding the monthly filter may make these lists shorter?

• Administrators

No update yet I'm afraid. It's something that, when resolved, will be part of a game wide update rather than getting an update of its own. 

I can only apologise for the frustration so far, and thank you for the patience you've showed already.

I can answer this. It's now even more broken.

In fact... the scroll jumps back up to the same place, whilst scrolling down the list. If you manually grab the scroller and scroll further than the point it jumps at... it shuts down FM completely and provides an error code.

Video attached to show the issue. Low res to fit the file size.

It would be good to get an update on when this will be fixed.

• Administrators

I'll flag this back with our UI team to get an update and bump the severity if required. I'm currently unsure if this is widespread or limited to certain systems/specs.

Could I ask you to reupload the latest video to our Cloud instead though please? It'll be easier to tag into the investigation. 

I'm really sorry it's continued to be a bother and not been resolved yet, I'll provide an update as soon as I can. 

Thanks for coming back to me.

have re uploaded the video via the cloud... titled. I have downloaded and used the same video, which is at the same quality as I'd previously attached (I'd deleted after uploading):

391081992_ScreenRecording480p.mov.a4b98475545df3ffd2a06945af8be706.mov

I have just re loaded and tried again. It's still doing the same, but doesn't seem to be closing the game down now. It just jumps back up, whether I scroll or manually grab and drag to scroll.

Thanks

Good evening

Has anything come of this? It’s really frustrating! Big part of how I play so I feel like I’m missing a major feature when it comes to searching for newgen players.

I’ve also been told by a friend that also has a Mac, that this happens for him on player/staff searching.

Thanks

Good evening

This is still happening. So frustrating. I can't scroll on this game, as it stands.

Please see the following cloud upload (screen record): 'Screen Recording 2022-03-18 at 19.34.30.mov'

Can someone provide an update on a fix for this? Been an issue since before Christmas.

Thanks,

Good evening...

I've installed the latest update and this is still an issue. I have uploaded both a screen recording of the issue and a game file. As mentioned above, this happens on all skins, including the default FM skin.

File titles:
    Screen Recording 2022-03-24 at 22.27.07.mov
    Journeyman.fm

System:
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
    Chip: Apple M1
    Memory: 16GB
    OS: Monterey 12.3 (however, this has been a issue since the release of FM22)

This has been an issue since the game released and I reported this over 3 months ago. Seems it is a Mac issue, after speaking with friends (who get the same issue). Can someone provide an update on a fix or if there is any fix intended at all?

Thanks,

• SI Staff

It is something we're working on and looking to get resolved. However, we've not been able to do it in time for the final planned update of FM22. I do apologise because we realise issues like this can be hugely irritating. We'll keep working on it and hopefully have this corrected moving forward.

Hello all…

Can someone confirm that this has been addressed for FM23?

I realise that things are probably very busy - but as it’s been an issue for a few years, I thought it would be good to respond now.

Thanks!