Gerrard Training

I've had a lot of problems in a congested schedule keeping Gerrard fit enough to play a couple consecutive games, especially those wed-sat weeks. Typically if I have a match a few day's later, gerrard might be 93% if im lucky, usually 92/91% some times even in the high 80's. Not only that, but he usually tires much quicker in a match as well, leading to a sub. In those close games, I need my best player being able to finish out games, and if i do that, then normally their is no way he'll be fit enough for the next game. I've found resting him after matches helps a little, but I can't be giving him 3 days off per week all the time.

The rest of the squad do not have these problems. I know its partly due to my tactics, using gerrard as a playmaker, he gets a lot of touches, makes a lot of runs, and gets forward a lot, takes most corners and free kicks. So he's very involved. I've tweaked Darkstarr's_AM training a bit and increased the strength training to help with stamina while decreasing aerobic activity, set pieces which decreased workload a couple notches. Next step might be to decrease both physical and aerobic to the first notch of medium, and hopefully that will be enough of a decrease in workload to allow gerrard to conserve energy for games.

Stamina = 18

Nat fitness = 16

Work rate = 17

gerrardtrainingfj9.th.jpg

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Archived