Football Manager 2009: Editors Forum Resources & FAQ - Please Read *Updated 03/10/09

Michael F

Welcome to the Editors Hideaway Resource List for Football Manager 2009.

This thread will hopefully list most of the resources you will need for Football Manager 2009. If there's anything missing/needs updating or there's a dead link then please send a PM to me or ahmufcwafc and we can update the thread.

If this thread has helped you then please rate it so we know how helpful/unhelpful its been for next year.

Still playing Football Manager 2008? You can find the 2008 thread here

Patches

9.1.0 Patch - Link

9.2.0 Patch - Link

9.3.0 Patch - Link

The official patch created by SI to fix some issues with the game. If you activated your game via STEAM, your game will be patched automatically. You do not need to install all patches to have all bug changes applied - the latest one is all you need.

In-Game Editors

FMRTE by Ruci - Link

This is another real time editor where you can edit various things in game including editing players CA, PA, stats, league standings & points a club has.

PlayCM Real Time Editor English Version (9.0.1) - Link

This is another real real time editor that allows you to edit player stats & other various things in the game.

Mac In Game Editor - N/A

Scouting Tools

Genie Scout (9.0.3 compatible) - Link

See hidden game attributes and stats with this useful scouting tool.

Immuner's FMScout09 v0.98 Beta (9.0.1) - Link

Scouting tool that allows you to scout players CA, PA & stats

Miscellaneous

Media Comment Editor - Link

Editor created by SI which allows the gamer to change the comments which can be released by managers.

FM Ingame Scout/Editor Framework & Source Code - Link

The source code for people to create their own real time editing & scout programes

Add-ons

FM Sound Pack by Bennico - Link

Additional match sounds created for Football Manager by Football Manager fans.

Additional Media Sources and Journalists - Link

Adds extra media sources to the game.

Gillsminnow's Retain Players File - Link

Makes more regens come through at more obscure nations.

Tutorials

Official Editor: Changing Columns in search results - Link

This tells you how you can change the columns in the official SI editor.

Dave's Guide to League Swap/Super Leagues - Link

This guide will help you swap teams within divisions or create superleagues

Potential Ability (PA) Explanation - Link

Understand the -10 to -1 potential ability ratings.

Retaining Players using EDT/DDT Files (for those missing huge db option) - Link

Create a DDT file from the examples here to retain lots of players from different countries

Unofficial Data Update Sites

FM WeeGiE @ FM Updates

FM Formation

If you are having technical problems with the editor please visit: Support for PC Users or Support for MAC Users

user_online.gif

Frequently Asked Questions in this forum

Where can i find the FM2009 Official Editor

In XP/Vista

x/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/tools/data editor

In Steam

x/Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\tools\data editor

x being your drive

Why are the German National team greyed out?

This is due to licensing issues as Sports Interactive dont hold the required licence to be able to use the German National Team or the rights to Oliver Kahn's name.

Ive downloaded an unofficial data update to my computer, how do I apply it?

1.First of all you will need to download winrar, you can download that by clicking this.

2.Install winrar onto your computer, this is free of charge.

3.Right click on the data update folder (this should be a blue, green & purple book icon once winrar is installed) and select extract to [update name], this will create a yellow folder with the name of the update.

4.Place the yellow folder in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/db

5.Load Football Manager 2008 and when asked select the update from the drop down list.

Ive downloaded & installed an unofficial 3rd party update but it doesn't work, please help!

The most common installation problems are:

1. Check to see if the file downloaded properly, it usually takes around 15 mins (ish) depending on your connection to download, if

it downloaded sooner the file may be corrupt and you may need to download again.

2. Did you un-zip the file before placing it in My Documents, it should be a yellow folder not a book

3. Go to My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/db then click on the yellow folder of the db you installed, if you click on it and you see lots of .dat files (such as people.dat) then you have the database installed correctly. However if you have to click through two folders with the name of the update on it before you see the dat files then you have an extra folder so the game wont pick the db up. Drag the update from My Documents to your desktop and click inside the update folder, if you see another folder and not lots of dat files then drag this back to your db file inside my doucments and try again.

Can I edit the amount of prize money a club gets in the editor?

Sorry you cant as this is hardcoded into the game and cant be edited.

Can I create new leagues and competitions in the editor?

There is currently no way of adding new leagues or competitions in the editor, however you can edit an existing league and create one that way, for more info please read the guide on League Swap/Super Leagues

Can I edit competition rules in the editor?

There is no way to change competition rules in the editor, this includes changing the number of points for a win, the number of subs allowed on the bench or the number of foreign players allowed in the squad.

Can I create a player with all 20 for his attributes?

Unfortunately not as attributes carry different weight so all attributes can only be 15 across the board for a player with 200CA. I recommend setting higher stats to the attributes that are most important to the position of the player and lowering ones that are not as important e.g Higher finishing stat and lower marking & tackling stats for strikers

Can I remove or add point deductions to clubs?

You can, but the only way is by using FMRTE, a third-party editor. It isn't possible to edit them out with the official editor.

Archived