Match day colours help.

Midge

I have changed my kits but now would like to know if its possible to change the match day commentary clolour for my team. The current commentary is white and red but I would like to change it to blue and black.

I have tried to change it using the FMM tool in the kits screen but that has not worked.

Is it possible? If so could someone please explain how this is done.

Thanks

Midge

Editing the kits using FMM only affects future matches - so if you have only checked past matches try playing a match.

There is another way of editing kit colours ingame, however it is not very user friendly, and involves the editing of some LNC files.

First browse to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\data\db\800\lnc (or where you installed the game), if your game was started with a patched or user database you'll need to locate the lnc folder for the database you are using (patch 8.0.2 location is: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\data\updates\update-802\db\802\lnc)

Now there should be several files in the lnc folder, open one of them with notepad (if you don't have any files, create a new document with notepad).

Then somewhere in the file paste the following line:

"COLOUR_CHANGE" 116 0 255 255 255 100 100 100

116 - is the Unique ID of the Team who's kit you want to change.

0 - will recolour the home kit, changing this to 1 will edit the away kit and changing it to 2 will edit the third kit.

255 255 255 - is the RGB value of the number or background on the kit(cannot remember which way around it is), first is the amount of red, then green, then blue values go from 0-255. If you don't know the RGB value of your kit, then you should be able to get it from the colour picker in MSPaint ( 0 0 0 is black)

100 100 100 - is the RGB value of the other colour, as above.

Once you have got your colour, save the file (if you had to make a new file, give it any name you want and change the extension to .lnc)

Then load up the game, and I'd suggest taking control of your reserves and arranging a friendly to make sure your happy and can read the text - if you got the colours the wrong way around, just exit the game and edit the file and then reload the game.

Currently there is no way of adjusting the trim/outline colour or kit style (trim goes same colour as background, and style resets to plain) - if you are reading this Ter any chance Trim and/or Kit Styles can be added to this code in the future?

Also some kits may not be changing, as some seem to be hardcoded in, and if the game judges you new text and background colours to clash it may change the text colour to something readable.

I believe you can do it in the editor. Not used FMM Tool before.

I would think a new game would be needed. Anything that is altering the database will only affect a new game started with the modified database.

Editing Club/Comp names in the database will affect exisitng save games, I think changing the name of awards does aswell.

However changing colours/kits in the editor requires a new game.

Archived